Ch. 21 - Nothing Left To Lose

It's Christmas Eve! Nobody has plans for today so we just lay around all day; watching TV, eating, talking, having a good time.

Around 1pm I get changed into different pajamas and make my way to the living room. There's only one spot open in the couch where Riker, Rocky, Rydel and Ryland are sitting. So I plop down between Riker and Ryland and start watching what ever's on TV. Ross comes to stand in front of me, so I turn my attention from the TV screen to him.

"Wanna go on a ride?" He asks.

"Sure, but I'm not dressed," I warn him.

"That's okay. C'mon." He orders, handing me my jacket that I didn't even notice he was holding. What's this about? Is he taking me somewhere or just going for a drive? He's being extra assertive about it too. Guess I'll find out.

I stand up, put my jacket on and head for the car. He follows close behind me, closing the door on the way out. I get in the car and wait for him to get in. He soon does and we pull out of the driveway.

Curiosity overcomes me so I ask him "where are we going?"

"Nowhere, just taking a drive."

Hmm... Might as well strike up a conversation. "Hey, Ross."

"Yep."

"Have you ever had a girlfriend? Well, besides me." I ask.

"Nope. You're the first." He looks me in the eye and gives a beautiful smile. Silence fills the car. It's not like he's in a bad mood or anything, but he's not very talkative today. I just watch him. Every move he makes is so swift and perfect. His beautiful blond hair shines from the sun rays gleaming in the window. Even though he looks like he just got out of bed, he still looks perfect. After a few more minutes his phone buzzes. He quickly picks it up, reads a text, locks it and puts it back down. Then he takes the next left and starts heading back home. That was kinda strange.

He stops at a stop sign, makes sure both sides are clear, then starts driving. But suddenly a car comes speeding out of no where.

We're still in the middle of the intersection when I shreik "ROSS LOOK OUT!" The car slams on the breaks, but is too late. A wide eyed Ross takes his foot off the pedal and looks at me.

"Wha-?!" is all he gets out before the crashes into Ross' side, and the world stops. 

__________________________________________________________

I'M SORRY. I thought I'd be mean, and leave you here >:). The song of the chapter is Nothing Left To Lose by Mat Kearney. I LOVE THIS SONG OKAY. It all just fits perfectly, I might actually cry at my own writing...Is that sad?...Cause I think it is. Help me. If you listen to this song while reading this chapter, you might cry.

So the photo attached is the actual intersection I was thinking of when I wrote this chapter. I got the inspiration because that's an actual intersection in my city. And I've almost gotten into SO MANY accidents there. Because the street, like, curves and you can't really see the stop sign right away. And it's coming off a state road, so people often go really fast. So yeah. It was SO HARD getting that picture on here. omfg. you have no idea. 

Anyways, I'm sorry it's such an incredibly short chapter, I'll update soon, I promise. But the next chapter is a cliff hanger too. Lol. SORRY. I love you all. Don't forget to comment and vote.

PLEASE go check out my other R5 stories! I update them by the number of reads.