Chapter Twenty - Misconceptions

Hey guys!!!! Sorry this is a little late, but I hope you like it anyway!!

I would love if you guys left more comments for me. Let me know if something is bad, or if you want something to happen that I haven't done yet! I would love to know your thoughts and opinions.

Okay, I should upload again by Wednesday, so look out for that!! :)

Song for this chapter: Just A Kiss by Lady Antebellum

This is really one of my favorite songs, and I think it goes perfectly with this chapter......You'll see why :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hello, can I get a withdrawal slip?” I asked the bank teller. It was a rainy Monday morning, and unfortunately, it was time to pay my bills for this month.

“Of course you can,” said a painstakingly familiar voice, a voice I could recognize from anywhere. I peered more closely through the rain to see my brother inside the bank, working!

“Holy shit!” I exclaimed. “Derek, I’m so proud of you!” I nearly yelled through the receiver. I squinted my eyes up to see him through the rain. He was smiling the biggest smile ever, bigger than I’d ever seen him smile before. A sudden warmth and joy filled my heart.

“I know, I wanted to tell you myself…but oh well.”

“Wow. This is so great. Is this your first day?”

“No, I’ve been here about a week now. Remember last week when I took Kendra on that date?” 

I nodded quickly, smiling wider, remembering all that happened that day.

“Yeah, I started the day after that. Look, I can’t talk about this now. Can I stop by later?” he asked sheepishly, trying to look like he was still being professional around his co-workers.

“I’ve got to get to work in a little bit, but I want you to stop by for dinner as soon as you get off.”

I watched my big brother nod in agreement as he sent my money with the biggest grin ever. Derek’s got his first job as a bank teller! I’m so happy for him, I’m not able to contain it! Now everything is perfect. Almost everything.

As I made my way to work in the drizzling rain, thoughts of my former best friend made me sad, hurting me more than any other pain I’ve had. I missed Nicky so much, it literally hurt. It was an indescribable pain that I couldn’t get through. Not having Nicky in my life was like missing a vital organ, and I needed her.

At work, things were moving slow, as I’d thought they would. No one wants to get up and bowl on a rainy Monday. If I didn’t have work right now, I’d still be sleeping.

“Sup,” Ryan says with his signature sly smile, sitting on my counter and winking.

“Nothing much,” I say with a yawn, pulling my jacket on.

“Cool.”

I grinned cheekily and looked down, playing with my nametag.

“So, what’s been going on lately?” he asks, his deep blue eyes gazing at me intently. Ryan is cute, but I am very close with the most beautiful person in the world. I smile now as I think of him.

“Nothing much,” I repeat. “What about you?” I ask him.

“Same here,” he says, looking around. It feels like this silence between us should be awkward, but its not, surprisingly. Then he says, “Man, the morning shift sucks!”