Chapter 20 -You lied to me-

(Toni's POV)

I turned back and faced Veronica she had a very concerned looking face on her.

"What do you mean ex-girlfriend, Veronica?" 

"That- that's Cheryl's ex, ex-girlfriend. The only other girl she has ever dated," Veronica tried getting out. I looked back at Cheryl and noticed that she was gone. I looked outside the window and noticed that she was now outside talking with Heather. My heart started beating really fast. All I wanted to do was run upstairs and cry. But I knew I shouldn't. "I think you should go outside and check up on her," Veronica said. Without hesitation, I was already outside. 

"Cher, Cheryl?" I called out as I saw her turn around to face me and saw Heather's face turn towards me too.

"Toni?" she questioned.

I walked up to her, "We were all looking for you," I paused, "Who's this?" I looked at Heather. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Sorry, T this is Heather my old friend and Heather this is my girlfriend Toni," Cheryl explained. Why is she lying to me? Old friend? 

"Hey," Heather said smiling at me.

"Hi," I smiled back. "You know what you guys can keep talking, I'll be inside," I tried to smile and turned around and started to walk back to the house.

"Wait," Cheryl yelled behind me. I turned around as she was running after me, "I'll see you inside okay?" she gave me a kiss and smiled.  I smiled back at her and walked inside. I saw her walk back Heather. I looked back and saw Veronica staring at them as well.

"What happened between them? They look so happy to see eachother," 

Veronica looked at me, "It- well really wasn't that bad. Are you sure you want me to tell you?"

"Yes, Veronica, she's my girlfriend I think I deserve to know," I yelled. Not controlling my voice.

"Umm, okay well Heather was the only other girl that Cheryl's ever dated she was her best friend but then her parents moved away and she moved schools they haven't talked for over 2 years but," she paused. 

"But?" 

"Heather always said that she would come back for her," my heart started racing fast. "This is what she meant," I started to feel dizzy.

"Oh,"

"No, no, it's fine Cheryl will never get back with her okay. I know. She liked Heather she loves you," I nodded. Breath 

Cheryl walked through the door alone. I looked at the time it was 10:45 PM. I watch Cheryl make her way over to me. Veronica walked off. 

"Hey," she smiled. I smiled back at her, "Are you okay?"

"Can I speak to you in private?" I asked. Cheryl nodded. I took her hand and led her to the nearest bathroom. 

I closed the door behind us, "What do you need to talk to me about?"

"Why did you lie to me?" 

Her smile dropped, "Lied to you about what?"

"About Heather. Veronica told me what happened between you two. I know that she is your exe," I had a considered look on my face.

"Okay?" she answered.

"Okay? Cheryl, why would you lie to me?"

"Because I knew you would act weird and like I said to Heather I love you and only you and that's not going to change," I smiled Love. 

"Did you really say that. That you love me?"

She stepped closer to me, "I love you."

My heart was fluttering. I smiled, "I love you too," she smiled back and me. She pushed me against the wall and kissed me very hard. We were there for about 10 minutes. When my phone went off. We pulled away and I looked at my phone. Cheryl was reading over my shoulder.

She laughed at the message her best friend sent me

She laughed at the message her best friend sent me. I put my phone back into my back pocket. Cheryl kissed me one last time, "Come on," she grabbed my hand as we left the bathroom. We walked back to where Veronica, Archie, Betty and Jughead were standing. They were saying goodbye to a couple of people. Cheryl started to say goodbye to some of the people that where there. Veronica pulled me aside.

"What did she say?" Veronica asked I then smiled.

"She told me that she was never going back to Heather and then she told me that she loved me," my smile got bigger.

Veronica smiled back, "Oh my god, that is so great. See I told you she loved you. Did you say it back?" 

"Yeah, I did. I do feel the same. This makes me feel better about the present I want to give to her tonight after everyone leaves," I smiled and we both moved back to the rest of the group and started to say goodbye to the rest of the people. Most of them I didn't know but besides that point, Cheryl was happy which made me smile at her. The party slowly started to die down by 11:30 PM. The rest of the guest had left and it just left the six of us. Penelope said that she was going to stay over at Betty and Jughead's house with Alice. Sort of like a mother's night. 

Me, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead were all staying over. Jughead and Betty got the spare bedroom and Veronica was going to sleep in Archie's room. Obviously. Looking at the time it was 11:45. We all went upstairs and into our separate rooms. 

I closed the bedroom door behind me and Cheryl as we walked into the room

I closed the bedroom door behind me and Cheryl as we walked into the room. I breathed in and turned around. I found my bag on the floor of Cheryl's room. Time to give Cheryl her present. 

Hey, Guys, it's me I hoped you liked this. But if you did like it please like it and vote for it and I will keep posting more of this. Cheryl loved the party and it's time for Toni to get her, her birthday present. Comment down what you think the present is. Do you think Heather will come back? I'm sorry if I spelt things wrong like mum I'm Australian that's how we spell it lol. Hoping to get a new chapter this week. But I posted every day on my Instagram fan account. Make sure to vote for this story!

My Instagram is: missriveraswhore

Thanks and bye loves xx