Chapter 44 -Baby Jones-

(Jughead's POV)

--(4:42 AM)--

I was pacing the room slowly, thinking about Betty and my child. I can't lose her or him and my son can't live without his mum... I can't live without my wife.

An elderly nurse walked into the room, "Family of Elizabeth Jones?" he asked. I snapped my head towards him and walked over to him as did the other four, "Elizabeth is awake..." Tears stung to my face. She's awake. I heard Veronica start to cry and Archie was trying to help her. Toni was holding onto Cheryl who was blanking out, "But..." But? "We need to an emergency c-section immediately or her baby won't survive," My eyes widened as I ran off to find Betty's room. I looked inside and saw her tied up to a few machines her eyes slowly opening and closing.

I had my hand on the doorknob about to open it, but I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned to see a tall redhead. "She's going to be okay, Jug," Archie said.

"I-I know but what about my son?" I stuttered still looking at Betty on the hospital bed.

"He's going to be fine as well," Archie patted my back.

"It-it's my fault. I should have helped her, she wouldn't have fallen," I sobbed.

"Hey, you wouldn't have known that she would've fainted. It's not your fault," he responded. I gave him a slow nod just as a nurse came up behind us.

"Mr. Jones if you would come in this way, we're going to start," the nurse said. I gulped and followed him inside Betty's room.

(Toni's POV)

Cheryl was asleep on my shoulder. Veronica was consoling Archie who just walked back from Jughead. He told us that they are starting the procedure now. Praying that everything goes well.

Veronica walked over to me, "Toni, you look like you've been hit by a truck," she joked.

"That's already happened," I answered, and she laughed, "We haven't got much sleep."

Veronica looked over at Cheryl who was passed out, "Arch told me that B's operation will be about two hours, so unless something else happens in that time, go get some rest," she told me.

I nodded, "But we're not leaving," I stated. Veronica nodded her head and walked to Archie where she sat down next to him and laid her head on his chest. I turned back to Cheryl who was sleeping so peacefully. I sighed and moved down in my seat and closing my eyes, resting my hand on Cheryl's thigh.

(Cheryl's POV)

--Two and a Half Hours Later-- (7:16 AM)

I had just woken up from my nap again and Toni was playing with my hair, "Sorry Cheryl. Did I wake you?" she whispered. I smile and shook my head. I looked at Betty's hospital door and suddenly someone walked through it. I looked at the beanie-wearing man walk towards us with a grin.

"He's here and Betty's fine," Jughead breathed out. The four of us smiled and stood up. "Betts wanted me to come and get you guys," he announced. We followed Jughead into Betty's room. Betty was sitting up a little in her bed while holding a small baby. He was wrapped in a blanket and had a little blue beanie on.

"Half an hour old and he's already turning into Jug," Archie said. We all giggled.

"Everyone meet Oliver," Betty grinned at her son.

We looked at the baby in awe, "Cousin, he's beautiful," I mentioned.

"He's got your smile B," Veronica grinned.