Chapter 18 -SURPRISE-

(Toni's POV)

It's the night of Cheryl's party so that means I need to get Cheryl out of her house by 8:00 am so Veronica and the others can start to set up the party. Last night I bought Cheryl's present I'm intending to give it to her after the party finishes because if she doesn't like then we can sort it out then. I'm really nervous to give it to her though. It could change everything so quickly, or that it might be too soon to give it to her. I'm also scared that she won't like the gift. She knows that I'm not as rich as she is but I still think she has the right to have something nice on her 18th birthday. 

I got off my bed and looked at the time. It was 7:35 am. I needed to get to Cheryl's house quickly before Veronica gets there. I went for a quick shower and got dressed. I walked outside my trailer and locked it. I jumped onto my motorbike and rode to Cheryl's house. 

I rocked up to Cheryl's house just as it turned to 8:00 am. I noticed Veronica's car at the front. She's is going to kill me. I walked up to the front door and rang the bell. Seconds later the door was open and Veronica was standing there, "Toni, about time. Thought you wouldn't make it," she snared at me.

"Sorry, my alarm didn't go off," I lied. Veronica rolled her eyes as I walked into the house. I saw Cheryl sitting on the couch next to Archie. She turned her head and saw me. I smiled back at her.

Cheryl got up from the couch and moved over to me, "Hey," she gave me a long kiss on the lips. 

I smiled back at her, "Hi," 

"I didn't know you where coming," she questioned.

"I thought we could hang out today," I raised an eye

"Yeah that sounds great," she smiled back at me. She hugged me. I saw Veronica behind her and she was looking at her watch. Time to go. 

"You wanna go out for lunch and go shopping?" Hoping she would say yes.

"I would love too, Veronica you want to come as well?"Cheryl turned to Veronica

Veronica looked up from her phone, "I'm good Cheryl, you two go out and have fun. I'm gonna stay here with Archie," she smiled at Archie. Cheryl nodded.

"Okay, babe give me a couple of minutes I need to get ready," Cheryl said kissing my cheek and went upstairs.

"How long do you need to get everything ready?" I asked Veronica.

"Well, People are going to start coming over at about 5, 5:30. So go out for lunch and maybe go see a movie," Veronica asked me.

"What time are Betty and Jughead getting here," I questioned.

"They are going to get here soon, so you two need to get out of the house," I nodded. "Why do you look so concerned?" Veronica asked me.

"I'm just scared that she won't like her present," I answered.

"She'll love the present because it's from you. Why don't you just give it to her early?"

"I can't. I'm not telling her either," I answered.

"Can't tell me what," I froze. Veronica looked behind me and I slowly turned around. Cheryl was standing there looking a little bit angry.

"Oh, I- You- It-," I was so scared nothing was coming out of my mouth. My heart started to race faster.

"Your birthday present," Veronica said. I turned my head back to her. "Yeah, she got you something special for your birthday next week. But she thinks that you're not going to like it," Nice save Veronica. I turned back to Cheryl she had a half-smile on her face.