Finishing Touches

Yuri p.o.v
The next morning I almost jump out of bed in my haste to get ready and my hands fly to my fully charged phone so I can book a last-minute flight. Lily is still sleeping when I call the airline to purchase a ticket for myself and pay an additional fee to allow Lily onboard. Luckily, most of the time she passes as a cat and she meets the size requirements, so I don' worry about it too much.
The flight leaves at the Los Angeles International Airport at 1:45 PM and arrives in Haneda Airport, Tokyo at 5:25 PM. The flight is nonstop, so the flight is just 11h and 40m. And that for $1,752! May sound expensive, but let me tell ya, flights leaving from Los Angeles can get more expensive than you think. I hum some song, feeling a tad happier than yesterday. It feels like the pressure om my chest has lifted a lot. I only have to hand in my resignation letter to my teacher today, call Raven to say goodbye, pack my things and clean the apartment before I can go. A nostalgic smile appears on my face.
Three years of training in America, of learning English, making friends, of focusing on getting better and grabbing roles. Those are memories I will cherish for the rest of my life. I am shaking out of my thoughts by Lily's sleepy voice.
"Yu-chan?" I hum in reply to show that I have heard her as I search for my already filled in resignation letter.
"It's 6 AM." I hum again and she snorts. It's a loud, ugly sound.
"Why am I even trying?" With another huff she turns on her other side and goes back to sleep. I grin mischievously while searching for my teacher's contact in my phone.
"Yes, with Ava Brown."
"Hello, miss. Brown. wi-with Yuri."
"Oh, hello." She sounds a bit surprise at me calling this early, as I'm not a morning person, Lily can back that up. "I guess this is about your scholarship, right? Are you 100% sure about it?" I nod into the phone even though she can't see it.
"Y-Yes, is it alright i-if I stop by t-to drop of my letter? I-If you don't mind?" The octave of my voice rises at the end, coming out squeaky because of the nerves of her reaction. She chuckles at the squeak.
"Of course you can. Have you found an university you want to apply to?"
"I-I want to go to the Meiji University." She ooh's in appreciation.
"Last I heard, it produced some rad athletes. Good choice." Relief scourges through me.
"T-Thank you, then I'll be around in half an hour."
"Sure, Raven is also there in case you want to say goodbye to her."
"O-Oh. I-Is Raven assisting you?" Sometimes Raven assists miss. Brown, because she always told me one of her dreams was teaching her own class and owning a ballet school herself. My lips curl up.
"She sure is, so you don't have to give her a call."
"Alright."
"See you then." She hangs up before I can say something back and I shake my head, laughing a little before moving on to pack my things.

I'm relieved I don't have a lot of belongings, so it doesn't take too much time. Along with transferring Lily successfully into a pet crate, all I have is a backpack and a huge suitcase full of clothes and little trinkets. Everything else in the apartment like a couch, a bed, chairs etc. were already there, ready to be used for the next owner. And after vigorously scrubbing the apartment from top to bottom, I'm finally done. I sigh escapes me and bend backwards to crack my back.
"T-That felt good." I lock the door behind me and make my way downstairs to drop the key off by the receptionist behind the counter. The woman behind the counter smiles and great fully takes the key before waving a goodbye and returning to her computer. I smile a bit awkwardly since both my hands are full at the moment, one is carrying Lily while the other is holding the suitcase. Thank my luck that the distance of the building and the ballet school isn't big.

With some difficulty, I manage to open the door of the ballet school and step inside. I can already hear the sound of music blasting through the whole building. I chuckle slightly and place my suitcase in the dressing room for men before making my way with Lily over to the gym. The door of the gym is almost wholly open, so I watch nine-year olds finishing the music before coughing softly. Miss. Brown's head immediately whirls around to the sound and grins when she sees that it is just me.
"Yuri! Wait one moment, I'll be right with you." I nod and step back, ignoring the curious eyes the kids are throwing at me. Raven lights up and rushes to meet me while miss. Brown continues the lesson.
"Hey, Yuri! What are you doing here?" She smiles cheerfully before noticing Lily in the pet crate and her expression dims. "Ah." I nod apologetically.
"I-I'm sorry." Before I can even finish my sentence, Raven is already shaking her head.
"Don't be. I just- We will stay friends, right?"
"Of course, w-we can always c-call or t-text." All of the sudden, I'm engulfed in a sweaty hug, Raven squeezes tightly. Careful with Lily, I wrap my free arm around her waist and squeeze right back, smiling when I get another squeeze back.
"Alright, alright. That's enough, Raven take control of those little brats, alright." Raven separates from the hug with a pout.
"Mrs. Brown, you sourcat." Miss. Brown hisses like a cat at Raven, who just snorts before scurrying back into the gym at the glare directed at her. Miss. Brown turns to me and waits patiently as I dig up the resignation letter and hand it over to her. She quickly skims over it and nods, satisfied.
"Well then, I guess that's it." I nod.
"I-I guess so." She smiles and pats me on my head.
"Good luck and get into the university, otherwise I will get angry." I shiver at the dangerous smile directed at me and nod, my head bobs up and down harshly.
"O-Of course!" I squeak out and miss. Brown gives me another head pat.
"Alright, go now, Little Bird."