Apology & Boyfriend?

Previous
I watch them after for a second, still dazed about what happened. Having mixed feelings about what just took place, I turn to Lily. "D-Did I j-just g-get the shovel t-talk?" With a grin she nods.
"You just got the shovel talk." I nod a bit dazed, only to get shaking out of it by Ren's voice.
"Yuri!"

Yuri p.o.v
Before I realise it two arms are wrapped around my shoulder, engulfing me into a hug. Ren is practically leaning over me as he presses me against his warm body. This is nice. The tension and stress I had from meeting everyone again leaves my body as I melt into the hug. He smells like fresh soap and vanilla. I'm brought out of my thoughts at the sound of Haru and Toga whispering in the background, seemingly arguing about something till Haru quietly snaps at her, "let's leave them alone for now."
He apparently picks up Lily going off of her struggles and whines he disappears into the apartment. Toga hovers for a second before following Haru, a whisper of 'good luck' stays in the air as she also leaves. Ren only squeezes tighter in response, only to lighten the hug as I frantically start to tap his hip, trying to get much needed air.
"Please don't scare my like that again." I almost flinch as Ren suddenly speaks up, his voice soft. "I-I," he takes a shaky breath before he continues, his arms squeeze tighter around my shoulders, "When I c-couldn't find you, I thought you were g-gone. And for a moment it felt like I experienced it with my father all over again."
I realize he's shaking, guilt and regret are swirling in my stomach as he buries his face into my hair, something wet touches the top of my head.
"I-I'm s-sorry," I whisper into the quiet night, and tighten my arms around his waist and croak out, "I-I have always f-felt l-like a burden to a-anyone, so I w-wanted to m-meet the b-brothers a-and E-Ema myself." And as an afterthought I add, "W-Which was s-stupid, b-because I-I n-have people w-who are precious to m-me and h-have my back."
Ren let's out a wet laugh, and I can feel him slowly nodding against my head. "Yeah... Pretty stupid." His voice wavers a little, which I don't point out and can't help but pout a little at his words.
"Y-You didn't h-have to rub i-it in, M-Meanie." He bursts into laughing at that, his whole chest is vibrating as his voice rises in pitch. My face flushes as he presses his lips against my forehead, laying his chin on top of my head, settling down. His mood turns somber again.
"I...I-Toga was trying her best to calm me down, but...she's also a very anxious person, so we both couldn't calm down till we received a message from Haru. In the message he stated he was with you and was going to knock some sense in the brothers and you." He chuckles, the sound is broken and wet.
"And-And while it did help me and Toga calm down...it still felt like you had left me." He takes a shuddering breath, and all of the sudden let's go off me, racking his right hand through his hair, making an even more mess of the hair. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to dump all-" Before he can even finish his sentence I grab his head between my hands and pull him down to meet my eyes. He yelps at the sudden movement.
"D-Don't." I almost snap. "D-Don't ever, e-ever apologize for y-your emotions." I peer into his eyes, his eyes are wide and shocked as he is gaping at me. I give him a quick kiss on his nose, sighing softly and continue.
"I-It was stupid of m-me to a-assume I-I could handle this a-alone when all you h-have d-done is helping f-from the start. W-When I was d-down f-from E-Ema and the r-rest you cheered me up-up a-and stayed with m-me, so...." I nibble on my under lip, trying to calm my nerves at what I'm about to do.
"S-So I know t-that this i-isn't probably the r-right time, but... W-Would you like t-t-to be m-my boyfriend....?" His eyes widen even more, if that was possible and the doubt that I was pushing into the back of my mind, comes roaring back up as he continues to gape at me.
"Y-Y-You don't have t-to! I-I don' w-want to pressu-ure you or some-something like that! I-It's not l-like I'm f-forcing y-you to l-like m-me-" I start to babble, anxiety is bubbling up and I let go off of him as if I burned my hands. Oh my god, I messed up didn't I? I just started talking about something else while this is clearly very important for him. Oh, I'm so st-
A chuckle interrupts my train of thoughts, and surprised at the action, I bring my gaze up to look at him. Only to find him doubled over, clutching his stomach as he laughs loudly into the quiet air. "Wahait! Ehaha, no! S-Sorry, but..." he bursts out in another round of laughing.
A flush creeps up from my neck to across my cheeks, so I bury my head in my hands, feeling my whole face heat up. After what was probably a few minutes but felt like hours, Ren starts to (finally) calm down.
"I'm sorry," he chortles, "it's just...I didn't expect that, because I thought I had to ask that." I look from my hand to stare at him confused. "W-What do y-you mean?" He waves a hand, looking quite awkward all of the sudden.
"Well, I dated a few people and non-binary people before I met you, and almost all of them expected me to ask them out. That's why I thought I had to do the same with you, so.....I didn't expect that." He gives me a shy smile.
"It's...nice." I give him a small smile in return, and start nervously shuffling with my feet.
"S-So..?" His smile goes from shy to blinding so fast, it almost gives me a whiplash. Almost.
"Fuck yes." He breathes out, and opens his arms invitingly, which with my nerves and anxiety I just needed. So being a bit overenthousiast, I jump towards Ren and cling onto him like a koala, getting a startled chortle in response. "Ahh, so sweet."
My whine is muffled by his collarbone, and his chest vibrates as he chuckles. He brings one of his arms under my bum to hoist me up a little, and the other lays on my lower back before he makes his way towards his apartment. With a little difficulty we work together on closing the door behind us, Ren using his foot to closing it and I locking it.
We're both giggling and laughing like children as Ren walks us further into the apartment, to be greeted with a Haru holding a Toga in a chokehold who is screeching like a banshee and Lily who magically conjured a bag of popcorn in her paws out of nowhere and is cheering them on.
"God, help us all." Mumbles Ren, and I can't help but agree.