Chapter 39 (Rewritten)

I stood up from my chair and started pacing infront of him in anger. I stopped for a second and then walked toward him and took of the ring and place it on table in a thump.

"You were tracking me with this, Seriously Hudayfah."

"It did save you." His answer came out nonchalant.

I snorted and looked at him with all anger I could manage. "You knew about my meeting with detective all along. Didn't you." I quirked my eyebrows as I made the accusation.

When he remained silent and didn't deny the accusation. I made a huffing sound. "Even if you didn't knew about it before but I believe that by the second meeting. You knew because it was right under you nose and you didn't even sound surprised or angry."

I looked at his face to see if it betrayed any emotion but it was same calm.

"You were testing me. Weren't you. The file was opened already meaning you wanted me to see it." I remained silent for a minute so that he would confirm my theory.

He gave a long audible sigh and walked toward me. I backed away. "Love." He said as he pulled me forward trapping me in his arms.

There was still small space between us so that he could look at me clearly. "Yes, Its all true."

"I was testing you." I tried to get out of his arms but he held me tight.

"Not because I didn't trust you." He added. "But I didn't trust you to trust me after all I have done. I admire your protectiveness for our child."

He said as he stroked my belly lightly. "I knew it could make you go against me too. I knew I could never compete with a mother's love." He cupped my face in his hand with admiration in his eyes.

"I wouldn't have blamed you even if you betrayed me for this." He wiped a lone tear that escaped my eyes and whispered. "Never."

"What's the plan?" I said as I got out of his arms and maintain a cold calm face without giving away that how much his words melted me.

He sighed and then explained the plan to me.

Now I was there standing infront of library. I escaped from the clutches of his aunt somehow. She didn't complain much which meant she knew. I had contacted detective and he asked me to meet in this library. I was standing infront of building which looked old and small. It wasn't one of those well known libraries of London. I don't think many people even knew about it because as I entered in. There were very small number of some highschool students.

The interiors of library was in good condition. It gave the whole cozy feeling. I looked around and walked toward the librarian. She looked up at me and then said follow me without even asking about my identity. She walked me toward a room at the end of bookshelf which consisted of some old books.

"He will be in there." She as she opened the door. I got in and found the detective looking through some files.

He motioned me to take a seat and I spoke in most desperate toon that I could muster. "I need your help."

He looked ap at me giving me his whole attention."With what because last time you wanted nothing to do with me."

"Last time was different." I said as I touched my belly giving him half truth because technically it was.

"What changed?" He questioned.

I knew it was time to convince  him so I used all my convincing skills. "You already know I am with child. I thought Hudayfah was forced in it but he is drunk in power and I need to keep my child safe from this."