Chapter 26 (Rewritten)

I got back in room after my talk with Zake. His words weren't leaving my mind. I looked at Hud lying on bed in some deep thoughts. I studied the cuts and bruises on his face. It hit me at the moment maybe Zake was right. Truth will reveal itself on its own and maybe I should enjoy the time we have together because I have a feeling that whatever is this, Its gonna brew a storm in our life.

So I walked up to him and hugged him with my face nestling in his neck. I tried to take in fact that he was alive before me. I didn't got to appreciate it completely. I inhaled his deep musky odour as he hugged me back.

I heard a slight wince from him and I immediately separated myself from him. "Are you hurt? Damn it. I was putting pressure on your wound. Right?"

He took a hair strand that was framing my face and twirled it around his finger.

"No, I am OK love."

I heard his raspy voice and at the moment I felt so thankful that tears started to pour.

He cupped my face and drew my lips toward his. I could feel my tears dampen both our lips and I could even taste those salty tears.

We separated for breath and he cupped my face and wiped my tears.   "I am fine, Love."

I wiped my tears as I stood up. "I asked them to make soup for you." A maid entered in with a trolley in her hand. She pulled it toward bed and left it there.

I again took the seat beside him and settled the tray on bed. I placed a napkin on his chest. I took the spoon full of soup and started to blew on it. As it was nearing his lips. He stopped my hand.

"Did you eat anything since last night?"

"I am not hungry janan." I told him.

"It wasn't an answer to my question. Did you or not." His tone remained demanding.

"No." I answered plainly.

He called from the phone and 15 minutes later.Another trolly came in with a breakfast and a warmed bowl of soup for Hud.

"You are eating here in front of me this all food." I looked at it and it was a lot of food.

I sighed and started eating and feeding him at same time. We chatted in between the breakfast about light topics. After breakfast I gave him medicines.

"Time for bath, Doctor Henry told me a bath would be good for you." I told him as I helped him to stand up and took him to bathroom. It was a struggle as I had to take a bit of his weight but we managed somehow.

I helped him on seat next to the bath. I first filed the bath with warm water. He was trying to take off his shirt which made him wince in pain. So I reached to the collar and unbuttoned it and then took it off. My hand started trailing from his chest toward bandage on his abdomen. His chest had some new marks which looked to be stitched. It confirmed the fact that he was indeed in a fight.

I unwrapped the bandage slowly and took it off. The bruise was not a lot deep and luckily all arteries and blood vessel were not damaged but only upper layer of tissue were damaged. Thank god Anderson got their at time. He did first Aid and called doctor Henry beforehand which saved HUD.

I had plastic wrap which I wrapped around his wound so that it will not get in touch with water. I knew Hud was watching me intently.

"Does it hurt?" I asked without looking up.

"It does bit when I breath." He answered me.

"In other words it hurts a lot." I said as I started to undo his pants. At at the end I took of his boxers with a poker face. I knew he was studying my expressions.