Chapter 29 (Rewritten)

It has been four days since Hudayfah's left for Rome. I still remember the strict instructions he gave me before leaving. The way he gave me that specific instruction was this. He took my hand and touched the wedding ring and then told me to "Never take it off under any circumstances specially when you are out. When I gave him a look which said "Are you serious?"

He cheekily smiled and pulled me forward so that I was close to him. He dropped his voice and spoke in a very seductively husky tone. "I want every male to be clear that you are already taken."

His words made me shiver making me remember the way he took me in every possible way just before leaving.

I was dozed in thoughts of Hud's touch and his smile. When Edmond came toward me and said. "Mam, There is a mail for you."

I took it from his hand. It was addressed to me but the sender name wasn't written. I didn't open the envelope and dropped it in my purse with the promise to look at it later.

I finished my lunch quickly. I kind of missed Hudayfah. I always decided a meal for both of us. It reminded me about his empty chair or the fact that he wasn't here to scold me to eat more. I kind of missed it too. These past months since our marriage have been all about Hudayfah. I have been so attached to him which I didn't notice untile his present absence. I loved doing Hud's works like sometime cleaning his office or making something for him or deciding his clothes for him. It felt like I became a house wife, I like to do things for Hud but I didn't mean  that I didn't miss my job. It would have been nice if I could do both of them.

In these days I passed the time swimming, reading, playing piano or sometime writing. I even one learned a dish by our cook. She was a nice women with a good background. She was actually from India.

I played piano till it was close to sunset. The sun was officially setting when I got back in room. I place the purse on the bed and something fell off it. I then remembered the envelope. I opened the envelope and a USB feel from it. I was a bit confused and curious about why someone would send me a USB and What did it contain.? I wasn't a lawyer anymore so that someone would send me a anonyms tip. It could have been sent through email but it meant that someone didn't want to be traced. It arose my curiosity. I looked in the envelope to find a note or something.

There was a small note and what it said had my blood run cold.  "Want to know what happened to you in Rome?"

The nightmare about that certain night were still present but now I was getting used to them but these nights without Hud have been a bit difficult for me because I couldn't sleep properly. That's Why Hud called me daily at night and remained on call till he made sure that I was asleep. It helped me a bit but it wasn't same as having his arms wrapped around me and my head cradled in his chest as he whispered soothing words.

I placed the note back in envelope and place it in a cupboard. With USB in my hand, I entered Hud office. I took the seat in his chair and opened the laptop. I connected the USB. With My heart beating and hands shivering I opened the folder. There was a video in it. For a second, I wanted to run and forget completely about it but somehow I clicked upon the video. The video started with close up of a girl's legs which were covered as much they could be by a both side thigh slits. I noticed it was a black maxi and  as they moved upward to navel it showed a tie back cross front black material and as they moved upward it showed her chest which had a plunge neck Then they showed her face. Her hair were scattered on white pillow with her lips deep red. Her eyes closed. She looked gorgeous. I then looked closely and it sank in that the girl that was laying on an unknown bed in an unknown place was me. My wedding ring was still on my finger. A gasp left my mouth and I felt sick to my stomack. My breathing became heavy as tears started to pour from my eyes. A male hand gripped my leg and the hand started to inch upward on my leg. I heard a male voice.