Chapter 37: Preparations: Part 2

Megan, Millie and Lillie got to the Malasada shop. Ritza opted to stay outside and guard the food. The Ranger promised a malasada for her afterwards, she was gonna be grabbing some for the others who stayed behind too. Hau was coming out as they were about to walk in.

"Oh, alola, Megan, Lillie, and... uh, ma'am."

"Alola, Hau. This is my mother, Millie. Mom, this is Hau, he's on the Island Challenge too."

"Nice to meet you, Hau."

"You as well, Mrs. Anden."

"Please, call me, Millie. All of Megan's friends do. I've recently came here to help with the Showcase."

"Aue. I'm really excited to watch that happen. It's gonna be coming with the League, right?"

"That's right, Hau. A lot of people are excited for it here."

"Yeah. Oh wait... Lillie, aren't you competing?"

"Oh... uh, yes, I am. M... My birthday is next week, after the showcase, so... so they let me compete because I was barely old enough to join."

"Lillie, your birthday's coming up?" Megan asked. "I didn't know that."

"It.... it's coming up, y... yeah."

"Oh man, guess we'll have to do something then."

"I... I guess so."

"You'll do great in the show case, Lillie. I'll be rooting for you."

"Th... thanks, Hau."

"Anyway, I'm gonna go find Rick again. He and I are gonna do some more training to get ready to challenge Olivia after the Showcase. See ya later!"

Hau ran off to find Rick.

"He seems a lot more nicer about the Showcase than that Rick kid." Millie remarked.

"Hau's excited for new things happening, for sure." Megan agreed. "Rick just enjoyed the Royals that he doesn't like that it was put on hold so other people can enjoy something."

"He sounds like he's got an 'all-about-him' attitude. Hopefully he shapes up about it."

"Hopefully so, anyway, let's eat."

The three girls went inside the shop. They spotted Nanu and Looker at one of the booths. They seemed to be arguing about something though. The Officer Kahuna leaned over the table, looking at the other man.

"I don't need any protection, Looker. I'm an Island Kahuna and the Chief of Police, and I know more about Team Rocket than anyone. I can look after myself."

"They nearly kidnapped you from the Mart, Nanu. Be reasonable."

"They got me by surprise, that's all. It's not gonna happen again."

"How is that?"

At that question, something sprang out of Nanu's shadow and shrieked ghastly. It was Julie, his sableye. However, Lillie had screamed and dove behind Megan. Everyone else jumped at the sableye's call. The Ranger turned and comforted the younger girl.

"Alright, Julie, that's enough." Nanu scolded lightly. He was smirking slightly at the shock on Looker's face. It faded after seeing that Lillie has gotten frightened by it. "Sorry everyone. Julie's like that."

"It's alright, Nanu." Megan answered

She had finished calming Lillie down, but the girl was staying behind her, flanked by her team as well. Everyone soon calmed down. Julie even dipped her head in apology to the young girl before she sunk back into Nanu's shadow. The sableye had a soft spot for kids, and would try not to scare them.