Chapter 23: The Battle Dome

Megan and her team entered the Royal Avenue. They made a quick stop at the Pokemon Center to make sure everyone was alright. After that, they went to find the boys. They walked out of the malasada shop as Megan was walking over. Hau was holding his egg incubator.

"Oh, Alola boys. There you are." Megan greeted.

"Hey, Megan." Rick greeted.

"Alola, Megan!" Hau called. "Oh, hey, where's Lillie?"

"After my water trial, Olivia said that the way to the Research Lab via Route 6 was opened. The person who was waiting for Lillie there was worried about her, so we went down there." Megan said. "She's there now then I came up here."

"That's good, I guess. We thought we saw Team Skull hanging around." Rick said.

"Well, I battled Treb and Auto on the way here, so they're here at least." Megan told them.

"Eek. Those two again?" Hau responded. "Well, at least we haven't seen Gladion again."

"Hopefully we don't here." Rick agreed. "I want to be able to do these 'Battle Royals' without him getting in the way."

"Everyone has their own goals, Rick." Megan told him. "We have a choice to either help them with their goals or deter them from it. They have the same choice. If we choose to help them, within reason, they may choose to help us in return."

They went into the Battle Dome. The front area was a large vaulted room with a landing above a reception area and competitor entrance. Two staircases on either side lead up to the landing and an entrance for spectators was in the back. There was showcases, scoreboards on the walls. Benches were around on the upper and lower floors.

"Hey, Megan, could you watch over this for me?" Hau requested handing the egg out to the Ranger. "I got this egg from the Nursery people. It's about to hatch, I think, and I don't want anything happening it to it."

"Of course, Hau." Megan compiled and accepted the egg. She watched the boys go off to register to do a Royal. She looked at the egg in her arms. She's taken care of eggs before, being a breeder's daughter and knew from experience about them. "Well, looks like I'm looking after you for a little while. You're with a good trainer who cares a lot for his pokemon."

She walked up a set of stairs and sat on a bench that was along the wall on the right of the right set of stairs. She sat so she could see Rick and Hau still, but was mainly watching her pokemon. Haukea, Electrocute, Uila, and Peuo were playing on the floor. Kanawai was sitting beside her. Forte was watching over things, but was in sight of Megan. She had returned Rizta, as the arcanine didn't feel comfortable indoors and didn't want to wait alone outside. Sheriff wanted to be returned, he could feel the heat from Wela Volcano and didn't feel too comfortable being around it.

Trainers mulled about, chatting, looking at the showcases, or looking at the scoreboards. Megan mostly focused on the pokemon in front of her and holding the egg. Forte suddenly gasped and darted to her side.

"Forte? What's up?" Megan asked.

"He's here. Megan, Gladion's here. When I went out back on Route 5, I felt someone needed help. I went to see who it was, and... and it was Gladion. H.. he's been through a lot, Megan. He can understand pokemon too."

"We'll have to see, my friend. We'd better see if we can talk to him."

"Agreed"."

Suddenly, the trainers flocked over to the edge of the landing. Megan's pokemon flocked over to her. She picked up Uila, and set her on her back and scooped up Haukea so they wouldn't get trampled. She had to shift her hold on the egg but held onto her pokemon.