Chapter 54: Party Planning

"Gladion! Kukui! Come here, Quick!" Lillie called.

Gladion instantly wheeled around to see what was wrong. He saw that Megan had jumped into the lake, calling Kailio and Tsunami out of their pokeballs, and was helping a wounded... Primarina, to shore. Drake ran over and went into the lake too, reaching his niece with ease. They were easily able to get the injured pokemon up on the land. Kukui and Gladion ran over to help, joining Lillie, Sima and Burnet. After a while of examining her, and applying some first aid, the Ranger got a cart of sorts from her pokegear to get her to the Ranch.

"Gladion, isn't... isn't this Kēnā?" Lillie questioned.

"... It is! It's Kēnā!" Gladion realized.

"Who?" Sima asked.

"Our dad's Primarina." Gladion explained. "She was with him when he disappeared. This... this means that... he's still out there. Dad's alive."

Drake grasped his shoulder. He knew that this was probably a shock to Gladion, learning that what he was told was false.

"We'll find him, wherever he is, Gladion." Drake assured him.

"First, we gotta get her taken care of." Burnet stated. "She looks like some electric types got her."

"And we don't have electric types near Brooklet Hill this time of year." Kukui remarked, knowing the patterns of the area. "Must have been some trainers in the area."

"Likely so." Gladion agreed. "Most trainers would be after a fully evolved starter if they're seen in the wild. The starters are rare to find in the wild."

"Let's get her to the Ranch House." Sima directed. "She needs help, and someone needs to get dry."

She looked at Megan, who was dripping wet still. The Ranger shrugged a bit.

"As soon as Lillie spotted her, my instincts told me to 'go', and I just went."

"Megan, y... you'd do anything to help a... a pokemon." Keko commented.

"Yes, I would." Megan agreed.

Forte came over and gave her bandana to her. It had fallen off when she jumped in. Megan took it, wrung it out, and put it back on.

"Thanks, Forte."

"No problem. I hope we can help Kēnā."

"Let's hope."

They got Kēnā in the cart, settled in and were off towards the Ranch House. Keko and Lillie were in with her. The Primerina would occasionally stir, but the younger blonde would calm her in a gentle tone, addressing her by name. Once they got near the medical house, a Tri Attack hit, just in front of the Mudstale.

"Woah!" Sima called, gently grabbing the harness and calmed her pokemon.

"Where did that come from?" Megan asked.

"Prepare for trouble!" Medusa's voice rang out.

"And make it double!" Matt's voice echoed.

They both leapt out in front of the group. That startled Silvally, but Gladion gently wrapped his arms around his neck and calmed him.

"Sh, Silvally. It's alright." Gladion murmured, shooting daggers at the grunts. Two others leapt in too.

"To protect our world from devastation." Kaylee chimed in

"To unite all thieves within our nation." Zeke added.

Lillie gave Gladion a frightened look. He sent her a gentle one in reply and motioned to Raksha and Uhunana to stand closer to the cart. He kept Silvally with him, as he was still riled up, along with Kaholo, Shadow, and Kaila. Twilight was, of course, in his hood.