Shackles

My eyes locked with the man's disoriented ones for a way too long. I wished I could just find out who he was and why he was choosing to do this. Why he was choosing to both torment kids and kill them too. To me, there was no logical reason for that.

Before the boy could notice the man instantly locked his hand in the boy's hair and began pulling him into the ally way. I knew from that alone that the man would never give up. Once he found something to feast on he would never let it out of his sight.

The boy who had once been so drunk he had no clue what was going on around him now had a look of terror plastered on his face. It made me realize the exact fear he had put into there hearts. The fear that I had once felt. The fear I had forced myself to forget. It all began to remind me of that night, The anger I felt. How hurt I was. How I was absolutely scared for my life.

Now I had a newfound determination.

Dying didn't give me the strength to continue anger did. I had always been an angry type. I was practically a big emo as much as it hurt to say. But at the moment the most important thing was figuring out who. I hated getting hurt. I would do whatever in my power to stop myself from getting hurt. This man had done more than hurt me. He brought me to my lowest form and thankfully left me to build back up again. That had been more than enough.

This was the reason I wanted to find the man. I wanted to bring him down two his lowest form except now I wanted to do ten times worse.

Before I could do anything the boy slammed the man onto the hard concrete. The boy's head bounced back and hit the cold ground. His face showed he had no clue what to do it how to fight back. The man was a tall muscular man while on the other hand, the boy was of average height and slim. The boy hand really stood no chance against the man not to mention he was very drunk.

All I could do was watch as the man began to drag the boy along the floor getting him further from society.

I wondered what the man would do. I knew I would see it but with the look on the man's face, I knew it had to be worse than both deaths I had already witnessed.

I wished they could've just been smarter. I wished the boy never notice his sister was dead. I wished so many things had been different but that wasn't the case.

Now I had been watching the third murder by the unknown couple and all I could wonder was why. They had money. They had each other. What would they get from killing teens?

Once again my eyes met with the boys. This time they were filled with the same fear I had seen when I saw him in my room. The boy's eyes began to roll back for what I knew was the last time.

I was terrified of what I was going to have to see. I knew I would have to watch every second of what was about to happen. I knew if I did get the final part of the puzzle I would die. I had absolutely no idea which was scarier.

I always thought I wasn't scared of death but now that it was looking right into my eyes I wasn't quite sure about that.

Before I could fully figure that out a flash clouded my vision and brought me back to "reality".

This time my eyes opened to a horrific sight. I stared for too long. I had no idea what to do. The needed to run the boy and save him from this nightmare he was in had taken over.

I flew forward and began trying to mess with the chains that held the boy captive but I wasn't even really there what could I do. I knew the moment my hand flew through the chain that this was going nowhere. I just had to watch the boy hand from chains in a dark room as he awaited his torture.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't watch.

I had no idea how anyone would be able to watch somebody get tortured right in front of them. I knew for a fact that I couldn't do it. Not this time. This time I wouldn't watch. I would do something more cowardly. I would cry.

I began bringing myself to the floor as the sound of the man returning filled the air. The door creaking was the only sound I heard as I hide my face between my legs and sat on the cold hard ground.

Then the sounds of the boy whispering. His voice was so broken and low I couldn't even make out what he was saying but I knew he had to be begging for his life. What else would you do in that situation?

I jumped as a loud chain rattled. I knew the man was getting closer to doing whatever he planned.

A loud shriek filled the air. It was so loud it covered the sound of whatever weapon the man used to insult the pain.

Then another, then another. So much screaming filled the air as my eyes tears began to fall out of my eyes. He didn't deserve it I repeated to myself. More chains rattled as more pain was inflicted.

I had to listen to a young boy get tortured right next to me. It was the worst feeling I had ever felt. I didn't want to find the truth anymore. I just wanted to die.

I wanted to die.

The screams got lower as I felt a wet liquid reach my fingertips. I didn't have the guts to open my eyes.

I knew I had run out of time.