t w e n t y • t h r e e

weeks had passed and everything was going well for the newly out couple. everything except for the fact that the women of the workplace wouldn't stop bothering taehyung.

whether it was questions about what kind of dates jungkook took him on, or how he fucked him (way too personal, i know), they asked him everything.

it was more than annoying to tae, but it made jungkook writhe.

"i just...i hate them asking so many questions." jungkook randomly exclaimed, running his hands through his hair.

"i know, i do too but...i can't blame them. we're probably the first gay couple they've come in contact with." taehyung replied, sitting back in his office chair.

jungkook knew his boyfriend had a point, but the monotony got to him.

"i'm gonna say something—" jungkook abruptly stood up and started for the door.

taehyung got up just as quickly and ran in front of his boyfriend, putting two hands on his chest.

"haven't you exclaimed enough to these poor workers?" taehyung shined a puppy dog look up at his boyfriend.

jungkook stood there a second, staring into the other's lovely eyes. they sparkled in the midday sunlight, and he felt as if he could get lost in them.

he snapped out of his trance, getting out of his feelings.

"probably, but what's one more?" he wooshed around taehyung before the younger could stop him.

taehyung sighed and followed the other. he had to make sure this wouldn't turn into a train wreck.

he followed his boyfriend down four flights of stairs, (wondering why they didn't just take the elevator), and into a lunch hall. there, a group of women sat chatting while on their lunch break.

jungkook walked right up to the group and cleared his throat, waiting for all eyes to be on him. the women quickly silenced and looked over to him. most of them looked displeased with the interruption, but smiled upon seeing taehyung standing behind him.

"yes?" one of the ladies spoke for the group.

"i just wanted to tell you guys to stop bombarding taehyung with questions about our relationship. it makes the both of us uncomfortable." he spoke fluently, with a tone of annoyance.

there was a brief moment of silence, but then the ladies all began to nod their heads.

"yes sir." the same lady smiled. almlst immediately, they all went back to chatting.

jungkook's eyebrows raised, wondering if it was really that easy. after a moment, he let out a 'hmmph' and turned around, smiling at taehyung before passing him.

taehyung turned around to once again follow his boyfriend, but he heard his name being called out by one of the ladies. he turned around and walked closer to them.

"he's a keeper taehyung." one of the ladies smiled endearingly. "he's been public twice now, that says something."

taehyung looked down and gave a shy smile, standing there a moment before walking away.

he jogged towards the elevator where jungkook stood waiting for him.

"did they bother you again?" jungkook asked, staring at the elevator door.

"no, they just told me you were a keeper..." taehyung looked out of the corner of his eye shyly.

"am i?" the elder asked as the elevator doors opened.

"i'd say you are." taehyung smiled to himself, stepping into the elevator alongside jungkook.

——

short chapter, but i wanted to get something out for you guys

it's finally ~spooky season~ uwu

much love - kamkam