t w e n t y

taehyung has never had much company in his lifetime. he's had the same friend, hoseok, for more than ten years. before that, in elementary school, taehyung just hung out with the teachers. as lame as that sounds, he was more than used to it. but now, he was currently fighting with his best friend and his boyfriend, and the feeling was more than isolating.

he knew he'd done nothing wrong in both situations, but he still had a feeling of wanting to apologize. for once in his life though, he'd stand up for himself. taehyung knew he couldn't go and apologize for their mistakes just because he missed them.

and fuck, he absolutely missed the two people that have recently made his life hell.

it was the day after the 'incident', and taehyung had called in sick. chuul knew the boy wasn't actually sick, even over the phone, but she understood so she marked him as sick for the day.

although taehyung knew he shouldn't be the one to apologize, he also knew he shouldn't be running away from his problems. locking himself inside all day was doing just that. honestly, he didn't expect to hear a word from either boy for the day; assuming everyone just needed a break from each other before things could get resolved. but now that he stood in the open doorframe of his apartment looking at an apologetic-faced jungkook holding flowers, he knew that wasn't true.

"taehyung—"

"what're you doing here." the tone of the younger's voice would turn anyone away, but jungkook was determined to correct his wrongs.

"i-i'm here to apologize..." jungkook sighed and held out the bouquet in which taehyung didn't grab. he hesitantly brought it back to his chest and continued on. "what i did can't be excused tae...i know that, i really do, but i need you to understand why i did it in hope that we can move past this."

taehyung chuckled softly. "why do i need to be the one understanding anything? you domestically abused me jungkook. you inflicted pain on my body. what do i need to 'understand' about that?"

all of the boys words were true. how could jungkook expect to say sorry, explain things, and move on? maybe it was selfish. maybe it was a stupid idea to have relations with your assistant in the first place...but this is what he always did.

"taehyung, you're right but—"

"jungkook. you aren't understanding." he rolled his eyes. "you. hurt. me. since day one, i've let you use me like i'm some goddamn toy! i've let guys hurt me in the past jungkook, and i'm not makig the same mistake again." the end of his sentence was followed but the slamming of the door in jungkook's face.

fuck fuck fuck. he thought as he let his back slide down the closed door, feeling tears begin to cascade down his puffy cheeks.

i won't let myself get hurt again. i won't.

-
pls read this A/N:
sorry that this is just a filler update! i've been going through some stuff so i like working on my other fics because they're more light-hearted and happy (at the moment at least). this fic rn is really angsty, so if i'm not feeling happy, i don't want to write about unhappy stuff too so pls understand if the updates on this fic are slow atm. my other fics are getting updated more often so check those out if you'd like!

thanks xx