n i n e

taehyung stretched his limbs as his eyelids slowly opened, adjusting to the light. he looked around to notice no one else in the room, specifically: no jungkook.

he looked around for his phone, picking it off the side table once spotting it. he tapped around before deciding to call his best friend. a few rings in, and hoseok picked up.

"sup taetae?"

"hobi, you'll never guess what just happened!" taehyung squealed like a little girl.

a laugh came from the other end. "lemme guess, you had sex with your boss or somethin?"

taehyung widened his eyes, though the other couldn't see it. "i—how did you guess?"

"wait what!? you're fucking kidding tae."

"i'm...no—i'm not."

"WHAT THE FUCK!? YOU HAD SEX WITH YOUR BOSS??"

taehyung pulled the phone away from his ear, letting hoseok get out his shock. "i did...a few hours ago actually—oh fuck—i gotta get back to work."

"you're gonna call me with news like that, and then just leave me? bitch." hoseok scoffed.

"sorry hobi, i don't want to be fired." taehyung smiled.

"fine fine. just don't catch feelings for the dude." he laughed. "right taetae?"

taehyung was silent. his friend was right but...what if he did catch feelings? what if he already had.

hoseok's voice pulled him from his thoughts. "riiiight taehyung?"

"yeah...right." taehyung brought his thumb and pointer finger to the bridge of his nose, massaging the area. "bye hobi."

"bye taetae. and we're getting together the second you get back so you can tell me all the juicey details." taehyung could tell his friend winked at the other end. "and you can take your cat back." the older hung up and left taehyung to sit on the empty cabin bed.

he didn't like jungkook....right?

the boy didn't have time to think about it anyways, he had to get back to those kids that he left for—he checked his phone's clock—3 AND A HALF HOURS!?

taehyung cursed repeatedly as he stood up and threw his white sweater back on, and ran out the door. he looked like a mess, but he couldn't tell.

he ran until he was all the way back at the main building. busting through the doors panting, he looked to the kids room that luckily wasn't burnt to the ground or something. he straightened his back and breathed out before making his way calmly to the children's room.

the door opened to reveal chuul sitting amongst the kids, reading a story. her head shot around at the sound of the door opening, and this was the first time taehyung had seen her angry.

she promptly stood up and told the children 'one moment kiddos!' with a fake smile plastered on her face. the women rushed over and grabbed taehyung's arm, pulling him out of the room. she slammed the door closed and immediately directed her anger towards taehyung.

"taehyung, what the fuck!?"

taehyung stood there, his eyes suddenly finding interest with the ground as he twiddled his fingers, hearing chuul curse for the first time.

"i'm sorry, but you can't fucking do that." she huffed. "you're on duty for another hour, and if you leave again i'm seriously going to file a report against you taehyung. because of you, i have to miss the beach party tonight to stay and make up my fucking work!" she yelled before storming off, bumping shoulders violently with taehyung.