Chapter Nineteen

The Next Day (Tuesday)

You timidly walked into the club-room. The room was pretty bland, no posters, no decorations, nothing. Just a room with a bunch of desks and chairs along with a bookshelf in the back. It was definitely not what you were expecting. And you weren't expecting to see Yao Wang standing with his hands on a table (which really wasn't a table, just a bunch of desks pushed together) scolding four other people, which all of them looked like they could care less why p stands for pandas and how the pandas were very important to the question that he made up all by himself while they were all sitting there lazily.

A boy with short black hair and eyes with a curl on the right side of his head perks up when he notices you. He immediately stands up. "Yong Soo, what are you d--" Yao didn't finish his sentence as "Yong Soo" rushes over to you with a grin on his face. "You're here for the Mathletes, right?! Please tell me that's what you're here for!" He says, clutching your shoulders.

"Uhm. Yes--" Yong Soo pulled you in for a bone-crushing hug. "Yes! Now you should tell Yao that he should start respecting me--" It was his turn to get cut off as Yao promptly pulled him off of you, scowling. "Yong Soo! She is a club member and a student nonetheless! You should treat her with respect before you go demanding she does things for you!" He snapped, you were about to tell him that you didn't mind and that he didn't have to keep yelling, but Yong Soo grinned.

"Da-ze! You're right," he says, sticking a hand out in your direction. "My name is Im Yong Soo!" He says, you cautiously take his hand and shake it. "(Y/n) (L/n)." You say, he just continues to grin, you retract your hand as Yao clears his throat. 

"(Y/n)," he says, gesturing to a girl with long brown hair with a wild curly strand sticking out on the right side of her head along with a flower hairpiece, "this is Mei Xiao," the girl grins and waves at you. "You look so cute, (Y/n)!" She squeals, causing you to blush and shake your head. 

Yao gestures to another girl with long dark brown hair in a low ponytail, "This is Tran Chung Lien," she just nods at you. Yao looks at the last boy, one who looks similar to him except he has bushy eyebrows and shorter hair along with a blank expression. "And this is Wang Jia Lo--"

"Leon." The boy insists, Yao scoffs, muttering about him having "no respect" and that he's "too old for this," which makes you let out a laugh. Yao turns to look at you, face red from anger or embarrassment, you couldn't tell. "You think this is funny?!" He asks, you stifle a laugh. 

"They shouldn't be treating their older brother like this!" Yao retorts, and your eyes widen. "Wait, hold on. You're all siblings?" They all nod and you stumble as Yong Soo hugs you from behind. "That's right! You're really smart, huh?" He says loudly, you wince. 

The rest of the time in club was basically just Yao complaining and yelling (at Yong Soo) the entire time, you got along well with Mei and Lien. Though Lien was more on the quite side, Mei babbled to you about their family, favoring Kiku more than the others.

Wednesday

You walk into the room, there were a handful of students in the room. The desks were arranged into groups of five, the person in charge at the head of the makeshift tables. There were signs on each of the tables in front of the "tutors" with names of languages.

There were flags and posters littering the walls. It was kind of noisy in the room. Most of the tables were full, but you noticed someone in the back corner sitting by themselves. You walk over and read the sign. Italian.

You smile and sit down, the person looks up with their mouth open, about to say something rude or obnoxious, but their gaze softens when they see that it's you. "Hey, Lovi." You grin, he glares at you, though you can tell it's half-hearted. "Don't call me that!" He snaps, crossing his arms.