Chapter Thirteen

"I'm not here for Ivan."

        "Huh? Then why are you here?" Katyusha asks, confused. "I'm here to see Natalia." She looks dumbstruck. "Are you sure?" She whispers, you nod. She turns to the stairs. "Natalia! There is someone here for you!" She shouts, she pats your shoulder. "You should stay for dinner. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." You nod.

        Natalia walks down the stairs and freezes when she sees you. "Hey, can we hang out?" You ask, she stares at you dumbly for a minute. "Sure." She finally says, leading you upstairs to her room. You told her about everything, from when your brother left up to your conversation with Ludwig outside. She listened yo you the entire time, not speaking until you were finished.

       "I'm sorry about your brother." She said quietly. "If something like that ever happened to my big brother I... I don't know what I'd do with myself." She pulls you into a hug. "I miss him so much..." You said, forcing back tears. Natalia was on the verge of tears herself. Why was it that she could relate to you so much?

        You pulled away from her and sniffed, a small smile on your face. "So, what did you do to scare Amy off?" You asked, she smirks. "I threatened to break her fingers." She said proudly. You stand up, she looks at you, confusion on her face. 

        "What are you doing?" 

        "Let's go." You say, walking out of her room.

        "Go? Go where?!" She calls after you, scrambling to put her shoes on. She goes outside to see you waiting for her. "Where are we going?" She questions, you smile at her and start walking. "(Y/n)!" She says, jogging after you and putting her hand on your shoulder.

        "We're going to my secret space."

Small time skip and Third Person POV <3

        (Y/n) leads Natalia through the woods. "Are you sure you know where we are?" Natalia asks, looking around, uncertainty in her gaze. "I've been coming here since I was little. Of course I know where we are. And besides," the (h/c) haired girl starts, "we're here." She says as a small clearing comes into view.

        Natalia gasps as she looks around. The sun was setting, making the flowers glow in the light. (Y/n) smirked and looked at Natalia. "What?" She sniffed, (Y/n) tapped her shoulder. "You're 'it'!" She shouts, bolting to the other side of the clearing. A small smile appeared on her face as she ran after the (h/c) haired girl.

        Soon, (Y/n) disappeared out of her sight. "(Y/n)~ Where are you~?" She said in a tone that she's only ever used with her brother. She hears muffled giggling above her. She looks up to see (Y/n) on a tree branch. "Sup Nat." She says casually leaning back and almost falling off the branch.

        After she steadies herself she looks down at Natalia with wide eyes and then bursts into laughter. For a moment Natalia is stunned, but then joins in on her laughter. After they've calmed down Natalia crosses her arms. "You know that's cheating right?"

        "It's not cheating," (Y/n) sniffs, "climb up and get me."

        Natalia sighs and grabs onto a low-hanging branch and pulls herself up onto in. "Well buttered biscuit french toast, you have the upper-body strength of a god. Natalia rolls her eyes and continues to climb the tree. Once she's a branch lower than (Y/n), she leans with her back against the trunk and looks out at the sky.

        She sees someone standing a few feet away from the tree.

       "Do you see that?" Natalia whispers, holding onto the branch with both hands and leaning forward. The person had short (h/c) hair and beard. He is an adult. He has a smile on his face as he looks at the two girls.