Chapter Eighteen

Evelyn woke up alone once more

Evelyn woke up alone once more. Getting up, she noticed the bed sheets were clean and she was in her silk nightgown. She didn't remember much from the previous night. Her last memory she had was getting blood all over the sheets and passed out as Klaus put her on their bed. Klaus walked into the room as she put on her bra and a pair of jeans.

He engulfed her in his arms. Hugging him back, they stood there for a minute. Neither of them said a word. Then he let her go with a sigh. They sat down on the bed. Evelyn put on a hoodie.

"Elijah and Kol have left," He said, "Esther and Finn have disappeared,"

"What are we going to do?"

"Stay here," Klaus cooed, "At least Rebekah stayed."

Evelyn smiled, putting both hands on his cold cheeks, "You have us, that's all that matters,"

Klaus smiled, leaning into her hands, "All I need is you."

Evelyn laid down on the bed and pulled Klaus close. She laid her head on his chest and sighed. Despite the blood in her, she still felt weak. Her legs didn't want to move and her head felt like pudding. Klaus ran his hand through her hair, twirling the ends.

They didn't talk. Neither of them moved. Klaus just sat there and played with her hair for a few minutes. Evelyn sighed, thinking about the events of yesterday. Slowly sitting up, Evelyn stretched her neck. She was hungry.

He seemed to read her mind. Standing up, Klaus offered her his hand. Taking it graciously, Evelyn let him lift her up. They walked out of the room together and he led Evelyn downstairs into the kitchen. In the freezer there were blood bags, he handed her one. It wasn't as good as fresh blood, in her opinion. Klaus had spoiled her with fresh blood whenever she wished.

"We will get you some fresh blood on the way," Klaus said, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"On the way to where?" She asked.

Klaus's brows furrowed, "We are going to find my brother Finn."

Evelyn opened the blood bag, "Will you kill him?"

He smirked, "I need him to undo this little bond thing that our mother put on our family. Then I want him staked for another hundred years, maybe his attitude will change after that."

After slurping down the blood bag, Klaus told Evelyn to pack a bag. She did as she was told. Rebekah came by before they left, telling them she might have found the tree. Evelyn was confused.

"What tree?"

Klaus took her hand in his, walking her towards the door, "There was another white oak."

Evelyn's eyes widened, she didn't want to lose Klaus. The thought made her angry and sad. If he was gone she would be alone again. She would have no one.