Chapter Twenty Four

WARNING: VIOLENCE

At the Klaus Home

"How dare you save Caroline over me, over Evelyn!" Rebekah scowled at her brother as he packed blood bags.

"Hello brother, I thought you were dead. So pleased you're not." Klaus sighed, mimicking what he wanted Rebekah to say.

"You left us," Rebekah snapped.

"I only had enough time to save one of you and the two out of three in the car couldn't be killed. Caroline is Evelyn's best friend, even if Evelyn won't admit it, so I chose to save the one that could die. Evelyn smiled. I don't see why you can't. Rest assured, I had a worse day than you," Klaus explained to  his sister. "I think it's time for us to move on, find some more werewolves."

"So you can create your hybrid family?" Rebekah questioned, tears in her eyes. "You don't know anything about family."

"Well, I know how easily they can be silenced with a dagger," Klaus said coolly.

Rebekah threw a blood bag in anger, "You don't have enough daggers anymore. You can silence me or Evelyn, but not both."

"Evelyn wouldn't be like this right now," He looked at his sister, who was holding two more bags. "Drop them."

"I mourned you!" Rebekah screamed, "Evelyn mourned you! She couldn't even fight properly while we thought you were dead. My heart broke thinking I'd never see you again! Evelyn was completely broken,"

"Put the blood down, Rebekah," He watched her put it down.

"It's always been me! Not Finn. Not Elijah, not Kol, Me. I loved you through everything and you don't even care,"

"Drop it!" Klaus screamed, more at the topic than the blood.

"You want your family?" Rebekah inquired, "Here's your family."

Rebekah squeezed the blood bags, sending the crimson fluid in all directions.

Klaus grabbed her by the neck, barely holding her there, "You know something, Rebekah, you were right. I don't care. From this moment on, you're not my family, you're not my sister. You care nothing."

Somewhere in Mystic Falls

"Now, tell me, did you expect this? Did you expect to be strung up by your feet and drained like a deer," Evelyn sung to one of the hunters.

 They were in the forest alone. Evelyn held a dagger, spinning it in her hand. Whimpering of pain could be heard as two men were straining to breath. Their legs were tied to branches, blood cascading down their bodies like a slow river. The vampire sat on a large rock, looking up at them. Her heart was no longer hurting, her stamina was back, which meant Klaus had fully returned. Yet, all she wanted to do was make the hunters pay.

"Do you know how much you hurt people?" Evelyn asked, standing up. "How many families are actually hurt? Real families, not vampires or werewolves but real, human families you destroy. I know you hunters destroyed mine. My mother would still be alive to help me when I had questions. My father would still be here to guide me. And I would never had to have lived with that monster I have of an uncle. Maybe you've heard of him. Aaron Mason."

"You're fucking crazy," One managed to say through gritted teeth.

Evelyn grinned, "I'm really not. I've been seeing things more clearly than I ever have."

She approached the men, knife in hand, and slit one of their throats. Her tongue rolled on her lips, the smell engulfing her. Cutting the second one loose, she watched as he instantly went for his gun. Kicking it towards the woods, Evelyn stepped on his hand and grinned when he yelled.