Chapter Fourteen

Aunt Megan opened the door, dressed in her nurse uniform

Aunt Megan opened the door, dressed in her nurse uniform. Rushing Evelyn inside and to her bedroom, Megan questioned what happened. Caroline explained that Tyler was going to bite her but Evelyn pushed her out of the way, getting bit in the shoulder herself.

Evelyn was sweating and shaking. Once she was him her room she tore off her shirt, leaving her in a tank top. Collapsing on her bed, she let the reality of the situation get in her head. Tyler was going to kill her. And truth be told; she didn't know if she wanted to die. Then her door opened, revealing Klaus. She couldn't explain why but relief flooded through her body.

He shook his head, sitting on her bed, glancing at her bite, "I told him to bite Caroline. He didn't want to. I don't know why the hell he bit you instead."

Evelyn glanced at Klaus's face. It was clear he was livid. She gave him a small smile, mustering up the strength to talk. Her head felt like it was exploding.

"He was about to bite Caroline. I got in the way,"

"You made him bite you instead?"

She nodded her head, "Caroline is a close friend. I wanted her to be safe. I didn't mean to get bit, I just.. I just pushed her out of the way."

Evelyn was out of breath. Klaus didn't reply. He looked around the room for a minute and stopped, seeing a painting hiding in her closet. Standing up, he grabbed the painting and put it on her desk. It was the one she had hid from Elena. The claws coming out of a woman's mouth, escaping.

"Why hide this one?" He asked.

"No one liked looking at it," Evelyn whispered.

"It's my favorite in the room," Klaus stated. Putting the painting down, Klaus looked at her bite, "That's one nasty bite. I'm sorry, he should have bit Caroline. That pesky free will-"

"Get away from me Aaron," Evelyn whispered, interrupting Klaus.

Frowning, the vampire watched the woman look behind him. Her eyes were wide but there wasn't just fear in them. It was a tiger being backed into a corner. A feral dog that's about to be caught. There was fight.

He looked behind him, seeing no one, "You're hallucinating love,"

"Dont fuckin touch me," She cried before flinching,

Klaus frowned, looking at the woman in front of him. He couldn't help but to see how broke she was and it made him want to know who broke her so he could break them. Then she was back, gasping for air. Evelyn looked around for a second, confused. She didn't know where she was. Her eyes stopped on Klaus and it came flooding back. He was just staring at her, in deep thought. The vampire girl wanted to sit up but she was too weak.

"I thought I wanted to die," Evelyn whispered, "But I don't want to anymore."

Klaus smiled, "The thought came across my head over the centuries, ending myself... But there's a whole world out there for you love and I want to show it to you,"