Chapter 38

Camila

I've decided to do a live video on Facebook. No fucking around. Just go live on social media and get it over with.

Shawn, Dinah, and Normani left to give us some privacy while I do this video. Martin left straight after checking Lauren's car and mine. Thankfully, they were clear. He said he'd be in touch as soon as he had something on the bugging devices.

I also spoke to Gil. Told him to scrap the press release. I told him that I was going to do this myself, my way. He's not too happy with me doing a live video. But it's not like I'm doing a Q&A session. I'm just going on there, telling my side of the story, and then I'm done.

I also told Gil about the bugs in my apartment. He's on with the lawyers right now. And I gave him Martin's contact details, so the lawyers could talk to him directly if needed.

I'm just having a cigarette out on the terrace.

I glance over at the drink on the table. They're still there.

I've not had anything to drink. I want to do this video with a clear head. But I know I will drink something before the day is out. I can't not. I just need to watch how much I drink.

And, first thing tomorrow, I'm getting in toich with whomever I need to, to help me kick this habit I have.

I want to be a better girlfriend for Lauren. I want to be better for myself.
And cleaning my act up is the first of that. But the cigarettes are definitely not going. For the time being anyway.

Lauren suggested that maybe I should talk to someone about my past. About my parents and the way I used to earn money. She thinks it all contributes to my excessive drinking. A way to dull the memories.

I think she's probably right.

"You ready, baby?" Lauren steps out onto the terrace.

"Yeah." I stub my cigarette out and get to my feet.

When I reach Lauren, she takes hold of my hand and leads me inside.

"I've got your phone ready to go on Facebook live."

"Okay." I sit down on the sofa.

She sits on the coffee table, across from me. "I put Gucci in the kitchen. I didn't want her jumping in the video or making noise while you did this."

"She won't be happy," I tell Lauren.

"I gave her some sliced apples and pears, so that should keep her happy for five minutes."

God, I can't believe I'm about to do this.

I swallow down and rub my hands on my thighs.

I'm shitting bricks. I'm woman enough to admit that.

I'm about to go on camera and tell the world things I've been keeping secret for a very long time. But I don't have that choice anymore, thanks to that bastard, Digby, and Bella, his bitch of a sidekick.

"You okay?" Lauren reaches over and squeezes my leg.

"Yeah, I'm good. Let's do this."