Chapter 23

Camila

"So, you ran over her foot with your car?" Shawn laughs.

"Yeah." Speedy winces, a small smile on her lips.

"And broke her foot?"

"Yep."

"Her car is huge." I size out with my hands.

"What car do you have?" Shawn looks at Speedy.

She glances at me, a smile creeping onto her face.

Don't you fucking dare, babe.

"A tank."

Shawn looks at me and then back at Speedy, and then he bursts out laughing. "God, she must like you if she's willing to lie for you!"

"Dinah, that fucking asshole." I narrow my eyes.

"Of course she called me to tell me you got your foot broken by a tiny car!"

"They might look small, but they weigh a fucking ton!"

Shawn is belly-laughing, and Speedy joins in with him.

"Bastards." I frown. "The pair of you are total bastards."

"Aw, babe. We're just teasing." Speedy leans over and plants a kiss on my cheek.

I see Julian's brows go up in question.

I haven't told him that Speedy and I are sleeping together. Well, dating. That she's my girlfriend. Not that I've told her that. I mean, asked her.

Fuck. Am I back in high school?

When he arrived, I introduced them, and Julian remembered her from that time we all met in the club—you know, the meeting I pretended to forget—which made me feel like a total shit when I saw how happy it made her that Shawn had remembered her. And that was it. They were off gossiping together like a pair of long-lost friends.

Turns out, Speedy is a big fan of his show. Her friend Logan got her into it.

Good thing Shawn likes dick, or I might be getting jealous with how well they're getting along.

The pizza is gone, and the game has finished, but I hardly got to watch it because Speedy and Shawn were too busy talking. But, honestly, I didn't even mind, which is weird because I hate it when I watch a game and it gets interrupted.

What is this woman doing to me?

"So, you two are dating?" Shawn says to us both.

Speedy looks at me, a question in her eyes.

I keep my eyes on her. "Yeah, we are."

The smile that lifts her lips lights up my insides. And my dick instantly wants to party with her pussy.

Saying those words out loud has just made this thing I have with her even more real. And I like it. A fuck of a lot.

I turn to Shawn. "Speedy is my girlfriend."

And I sound like a teenage girl.

The grin on Shawn's face tells me I'm going to get the ribbing of my life because of that comment. But you know what? I don't give a fuck.

See what she's doing to me? Turning me into one of those girls who goes brainless over her girl.

"You do realize that you've got your hands full with her, right?" Shawn says to her.

"Oh, yeah, totally." She giggles.

"Hey! I'm an easy girl to get along with."

She snorts.