Chapter 1

Lauren.
Don't cry.
Don't you dare cry, Lauren Jauregui.
You've gotten throught harder things than losing you job.
I've lost my job.
Shit. I've lost my job.
My boyfriend left me a month ago. I'm homeless as of tomottow. And, now I have no job.
Okay. I'm going to cry.
My lips wobbles, and tears start ti run from my eyes.
With my heels clicking loudly across the tiled floor of the lobby, I speed walk out of the building, ignoring the receptionist curious eyes on me. Pushing throught the rotating door, I'm out of there. Head down, I rush around to the side of tje building where my car is parked.
I climb in, shutting the door behind me, and toss my bag on the passenger seat. I jab my key in the ignition and turn the engine on. I just want to go home.
But I don't have a home anymore.Not after tomorrow. And here comes the setious waterworks.
Tears are pouring down my cheeks. I swipe a hand over my eyes, notven caring that I'm probably smudging my makeup. It's not like I have anyone to impress anymore. I slam the shift stick in reverse and hit the gas.
I don't remember speed bumps being down here.
My head whips around, and I see a body vaulting away from my car.
Oh, shit.
It wasn't a speed bump.
It was a person.
I just hit a person with my car ! Could this day get any worse?
Scrambling out of my car, quickly drying my eyes with my hands, I rush around to find a woman on her ass on the sidewalk, holding her ŕight foot, cursing and groaning in pain.
"Oh my God! I am so sorry! Are you okay?"
"No, I'm not fucking okay!" She barks. "You just ran over my foot!"
Her voice sounds familiar, like I've heard it somewhere before.
I can't see her face properly, as her head is down, just a head full of brown hair.
"I think it's broken," she groans. " Fuck, it hurts."
I get to my knees beside her, tugging my skirt down to cover my tights.
I knew I should have gone with pants this morning.
"What can I do to help?"
"I think you've done enough." She snaps.
Her head lifts, and she stares straight at me.
Oh, Jesus, fuck no.
I recognize those penetrating chocolate eyes and that brooding, gorgeous face.
Camila Cabello.
Hollywood's resident bad girl and my current celebrity crush. I've had a few celebrity crushes over the years, but I'm all about the Cuban mare nowadays. Not that the mress call her that. I just do in my head because she's part cuban, and I like to think she's a mare in the sack.
And she's stunning to look at. She has a smoking body and that whole badass thing going on. I just love her.
"No." She says.
"No?" I echo, puzzled.
"No, you can't have my autograph, and you most definitely cannot take a selfie with me."
"I wasn't going to ask for you autograph."
"Just a selfie then?"
"What? No!"
"You always blush when you're lying, Speedy?"
"I'm not lying!" My hands automatically got to my cheeks. They're on fire. That's what I get for thinking how hot she is.
"Sure you're not."
"I'm not! I swear! And people really do that? Ask you for a selfie after they run you over? Because that's a really shitty things to do."
"You'd be surprised what people would do for a picture with me. But I've never been run over before. This is my first time, so I'll have to get back to you on that."
"I don't want a selfie! Honestly! If I did, I would have asked for one when we met before. Six months ago." When she stares blankly at me, I fill in, "We met at a club. My friend Normani Kordei is dating Dinah Jane. Dinah introdyced us."
"I don't remember."
Oh. I can't deny that I'm not disappointed. I always hoped that, if I did ever get lucky enough to see Camila Cabello again, she'd remember  me.
But then, why would she? She meets tons of people all the time, anf most of them are probably woman.
Well, she'll definitely never forget me now.
Way to get you movie star crush's attention, Lau. Run over her with you car.
"Well, no worries." I smile. "My name is Lau-"
"You could be called Candy and strip off all you clothes right now, and I wouldn't give a fuck. Right now, I just need you to help me get ly shoe off because my foot is hurting like hell!"
"Do you think that's a good idea? I remember when my brother broke his foot when we were kids. He pulled his sneaker off straightaway, and he was in agony. He couldn't walk. My dad had to carry him to the car and take him to the hospital. He cried all the way there. The doctor said his sneaker held his foot together, and if e'd left ut on until he got to the hospital, he wouldn't ha e been in as much pain. He nroke four bones in his foot. Had to have surgery. he was in cast for months."
"That's a cheery story. Did you break your brother's foot as well?"
"No! Of course I didn't. He broke it after falling out of a tree house."
"I don't give two shits about how your brother broke his foot! Did you not hear me say, my foot is fucking hurting? I don't think it can get any worse! Now, will you just take my goddamn shoe off?"
"Okay. Jesus. You're so damn testy."
Her response is a growl.
I untiz the laces on her shoe and very gently start ti ease her shoe off.
"Ah, fuck! That hurts!"
"I told you this wasn't a good idea. Do you want me to stop?"
"No just keep going"
"Should I do like a Band-Aid?"
"What?"
"Should I just rip it off like a Band-Aid?"
"No! Just take my shoe off like a normal fucking person take a shoe off. No ripping anything."
"I didn't mean that I'd literally rip it off. I just mean quick, like a Band-aid. God, you're prickly, and you curse an awful lot."
Her dark brows come together in an unfriendly frown. "You just ran over my foot, and you're complaining that I'm prickly and I curse too fucking much? Hiw about this Speedy? I'll get in my car and run over you foot, and then we'll see how that's goes for you."
"Jeez, I was only saying." I mutter. " And pleasd stop calling me Speedy."
Her lips only tighen, her brows rising.
"Okay, We can discuss the use of nicknames later. Let's just get this shoe off, and we can assess the damage on your foot. One.. Two.. Three."
I give it a good tug and the shoe is off. All the while Camila yet agaun curse line a sailor.
"Motherfucking cunt of a song of a bitch!" She yells.
"Does it hurt more?"
She pause, giving me a dark look. "What do you think?"
"Well, I told you-"
"Don't you fucking dare say I told you so."
"I wasn't going to." I so was. I press my lips together. A beat later, I ask,
" Do you want me to take your sock off as well?"
"No I can do it."
I sit back on my haunches and watch while she carefully peels off her sock.
"Ah, fuck." She groans.
"Ooh, that does not look good at all." I move in close, looking at her foot, which is a spectacular shade of blue. "It shouldn't be that color and not that quickly. I definitely think it's broken." I glance up at her face.
God. She's pretty.
"No shit, Sherlock." She mutters.
And she's an ass.
A stare back at his foot. " I don't think that bone should be sticking up like that." I point at it with my finger.
She bats my hand away. "Don't touch it!"
"I wasn't going to touch it! I'm not stupid."