Chapter 42

"Right, it's time to go down to theatre" the nurse said as Kayden sat in her hospital gown whilst on the hospital bed.

I felt her hand reach out and I grabbed it.
"You still there uncle aug?"she said looking into the phone.
"I'm still here princess"he said his voice sounding hoarse. August you best not cry or Ima cry and baby can't see me cry.

We got to the theatre room and then said we should turn the phone off but august spoke up.
"Mayne I paid for to have it private can I just Atleast see her just before she goes in" the doctor sighed but nodded.

"Hi Kayden, I'm nurse May"she smiled at her, "hi nurse may"kayden waved holding my hand with the other.

"Can you be a big brave girl for me mommy and uncle August and blow this balloon up through this tube" Kayden looked at me like psssht.

"This is fun, I thought I was having an operation,"she laughed and so did we.

"Can you blow on it five times?"the nurse nodded and Kayden nodded rapidly.

"1" we counted, "2" I could see her eyes starting to droop, "3" I slowly felt her hand untangling itself from mine, "4" she was asleep.

I couldn't help but cry, having your daughter be so lively and let go of your hand so sudden is a horrible feeling it's like, like there dead.