I'm Waiting

Miku Nakano has been patient for the last couple of months, well, too patient.

Nino had already confessed to him, Ichika already kissed him, Yotsuba and Itsuki are getting close to him as time went on, but she's still haven't advanced yet. That "Him" is Miku's first love, Fuutarou Uesugi.

On a bright Saturday afternoon, she's in a café with an unexpected company.

"So Miku-san, why can't you tell him straight that you love him?" Her acquaintance said. This is something Miku couldn't do.

Out of all of the sisters, Miku has been on Fuutarou's side for a long time. She loved him for who he is, and she wants to be by his side, no matter what.

But the reality is, she couldn't confess her feelings to him. Sure she had her chance back at the Kyoto Trip, with the help of her sisters. But she wanted to say "I love you Fuutarou" on her own, without the help of others. But she knows that her chances are low considering Nino has been making advances to Fuutarou, and Ichika is proved that she can make drastic measures to get him.

"I don't know, Fuutarou might not love me the same way I love him." Miku replied. She has doubts about her chances, and you can't blame her.

"Nonsense, that dunce is as dense as every shonen protagonist, you'll be fine Miku-chan." Her acquaintance said with a smile.

"I'm still doubtful. Fuutarou is more focus on graduating, and I don't want to be a burden. I love him, but I don't want to be the cause of him to fail. I don't know what to do Takebayashi-san." Miku said while scratching her cheeks. The girl now known as Takebayashi gave a sigh. She knows this will be a tough one, considering Miku is shy, and Fuutarou is an idoit when it comes to love.

Miku and Takebayashi became close during the Cultural Festival,  although at first they were wary of her as she is close Fuutarou. But she's just a childhood friend and former tutor of Fuutarou. She's not close with the other quints as; she never met Ichika. Nino wouldn't accept a rival as her friend. Itsuki is jealous as she is the tutor of Fuutarou. And Yotsuba hates her for unknown reasons.

For Takebayashi, for what she had observed so far, Miku is the perfect match for her dense delinquent student. Miku is kind, sweet, tries her hardest to improve to show to Fuutarou she is a woman, and she loves him from head to toe. But she's shy, and that's the problem.

"Miku-chan, you need to be honest to yourself. Time won't wait for you to confess your feelings to him. You must grab any opportunity presented to you. I know you want to do it by yourself, but the time is ticking. You'll only have one shot before your sisters could make a move you know." Takebayashi explained to Miku. She wanted to help Miku, but she's stubborn, ironically Fuutarou is stubborn too, in some occasions.

"I know Takebayashi-san, but you see, I'm not good enough for him. Ichika is an upcoming actress, Nino can cook better than me and she already confessed to him, Yotsuba always stick to his side no matter what and does her best to make him enjoy his youth, and Itsuki is compatible to him in every way. But if you look at me, I'm plain, boring, not talented, and always relies on other's help, I can't be the best pick for him." Miku frowned. She knows she couldn't win when it's her sisters also competes for his love.

"But is your other sisters is what he really wanted?" Takebayashi questioned her, to which made Miku silent.

She never thought of it, not even once. She was so focused on her losing because she's not the best out of her sisters, that she forgot that Fuutarou didn't spend a lot of time with them, and if he actually developed feelings for them.

"You know, he's not the type of person that rushes things. He wants to wait for the right time for him to decide his choices. He doesn't like people who are straightforward, as he wants someone who builds his or her relationship with him. That's why he had a crush on me." Takebayashi stated, which shocked Miku. She knew Fuutarou is the type to wait, but her doubts shrouded her mind a lot.