Chapter 3: Hate The Both of Us

Real quick author's note:

In this chapter, I mention some of the other cheerleader characters from the movie. I don't know if they have any canon names, so I just made some up. I hope that's okay. If they do have canon names, just tell me in the comments and I'll fix it. :)

On with the chapter!
____________________________

"(Y/N)... (Y/N) wake up..."

"..."

"(Y/N)"

My eyes jolt open.

"Huh?" I wake up and forget where I am. The room that I'm in looks unfamiliar until memories of yesterday pop into my mind. I'm at Lloyd's house. I don't know how I forgot that.

"You need to get up, (Y/N)." It's Lloyd who's been saying my name as he pushes gently on my shoulder in attempt to shake me awake.

I sit up and my eyes are trying to adjust to the bright light of the room. "What time is it?" I ask. It seems a lot earlier than the time that I usually wake up.

"Six A.M."

"Six? Who wakes up at six? I don't wake up until seven fifteen." I say, trying not to sound too angry that he woke me up.

"...But That's not even an hour before we need to be at school..." He states with a bit of concern.

"All I do to get ready is put on a hoodie."

"Really? You don't even eat breakfast or anything?" He asks.

"Nope," I answer and Lloyd just shrugs his shoulders and continues getting ready for school.

At first I thought I was going to regret going to sleep that early, but now I don't regret it as much because I'm still tired...

I'm always tired...

I lay back down on my back, but I don't go back to sleep. I just stare up at the ceiling. I look up at the same star stickers that I was staring at last time. I don't know why they were so intriguing to me. They're just little pieces of plastic, stuck to the ceiling with a piece of sticky foam, yet they bring back so many memories. Memories of better times. I miss my brothers. They don't come around very often. They just don't want to see my mom. I understand that, but I figured seeing me would be worth it. That's kind of a selfish thought... I'm not really worth it.

I need to stop saying negative things about myself. I just need to stop being so negative. That's what my family always tells me. 'Lighten up,' they say. It's hard to lighten up sometimes. Being an angry little ball of rage is just part of my personality. I was just born this way.

"You doing okay?" Lloyd asks.

"Yeah."

"Well, it's just that you keep staring up at the stars on my ceiling. Is there something wrong?"

My attention is still on the stars. I don't even look away from them for a second. "I'm fine."

"...You sure?"

"Yeah, I said I'm fine." That sounded a lot more mean than I wanted it to. I look up at Lloyd, finally and he was obviously kind of hurt by my response.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I just... I don't know... things have been rough lately," I plop my head back down onto the pillow and look up at the ceiling again.

"Nah, I get it... Life sucks sometimes," Lloyd says.

I sit there for a second until I turn my head a little bit to see my bag on the floor in the corner of the room. I figure I should probably get changed. And I don't just mean slap on another hoodie and call it a day. I feel like Lloyd might find it weird if I wear the same shirt and pants to school I wore the previous day. Nobody notices if you don't tell them, but obviously Lloyd would know because I would be getting dressed in his house.