Chapter 25: Hanging Out

After we came home from the dance, Lloyd and I went straight to bed. As much fun as we had, we were exhausted. We didn't even bother to change out of our clothes. Lloyd just threw his jacket off to the side and we both took our ties off and that was as much effort that we were going to put in for the night. We both flop down on the bed and turn to look each other in the eye. We both smile and giggle a bit at each other.

"I can't believe everything that happened today," Lloyd smiles with a tired, drowsy look.

"I can't either," I smile back at him until my expression slowly fades to a neutral stare, "but I'm worried."

"About what?"

"About what happens when we go back to school on Monday," I sigh, "you know everyone there is going to want to kick our asses, right? The two most hated guys at school are a couple. We're an easy target. I know I said I don't care what other people think... but I'm scared about you getting hurt..."

"We're ninja," Lloyd cracks a small smirk, "I think we can handle ourselves."

"Yeah, well you and I both know you don't know how to stand up for yourself. You have no problem protecting others but you wont even protect yourself," I say with a crack in my voice.

"Well... then I can protect you and you can protect me," he laughs lightly.

I giggle at him and we just stare into each other's eyes for a while. For as dismissive as Lloyd is over this whole situation, I'm still worried. But he's happy and I don't want to ruin that for him.

I slowly start to close my eyes and I drift into unconsciousness... let's see what the morning holds...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

My eyes slowly pop open as I hear the small mumbling of Lloyd's voice in the corner of the room. I hear him laugh a little bit as he continues talking, but my newly woken mind isn't processing the words. I shift a little bit in bed and turn to look at Lloyd. He was on the phone. He looks at me before talking to the person on the phone again.

"Oh, he's actually waking up now," Lloyd cheers, "good morning, babe."

"Who are you talking to this early in the morning?" I ask as I rub my eyes.

"Nya. And it's 2 PM..."

"Oh... why didn't you wake me up?" I groan.

"I dunno. You looked so peaceful," he cooed.

"Mmm..." I just hum in response, still tired.

"Okay, Nya. I gotta go. But we'll definitely be there, don't worry... okay, bye!" Lloyd hangs up the phone and then comes and sits on the bed and looks down at me, still flat on my side with my face almost fully engulfed in the pillow.

"What's going on?" I mumble.

"Nya is inviting us hang out today. Everyone else is going to be there. Ya know, Zane, Jay, Cole. And of course Kai. Because they live together," he chuckles.

"Okay..." I just agree.

"...You look tired," he states.

"I am tired... and now that I'm awake I'm remembering some weird dreams I had..." I huffed.

"What were they about?"