Chapter 4: Cute Name

The final bell rings and it's finally time to leave school. A time that feels like I've been waiting forever for. I meet Lloyd at his locker as I did yesterday and he's still packing things into his backpack and shoving things back into his locker.

"Hey, Lloyd." I greet. "Hey," he acknowledges. "You ready to go get lunch?" He asks as he closes his locker and swings his bag over his back. "Yeah, where do you wanna go?" I ask. "I dunno, but I was thinking we could go eat someplace inside the mall. That way we could hit the arcade in there afterward, or we could just eat the food they have in the arcade. It's your choice," he tells me as we begin to walk toward the exit. "Doesn't matter," I say. Lloyd pulls out his phone as we're still walking and opens his contacts. "Okay, I just gotta text my mom and tell her we won't be home until later," he says. I just nod.

I stare down at my feet as we walk, as I normally do, until I hear a thud and the sound of two bodies hit the floor. I look over to see Lloyd on the floor, as well as Nya Smith; head of the girls' basketball team and Kai's sister.

"S-sorry- I wasn't looking, I'm sorry!" Lloyd tries to apologize as he picks up a couple of her books, but she rips them from his hands without even saying thanks. "Whatever, just watch where you're going next time, Garmadon," she said with a rude tone as she got up and walked past the both of us. I glare at the back of her head as she walks past us. I know she can't see the anger in my eyes, but I was a bit pissed. I reach my hand down to help Lloyd up. He takes my hand and I pull him to his feet.

"You alright?" I ask. "Yeah... Yeah I'm fine," he dusts himself off and looks back at the direction that Nya went with a look of sadness in his eyes. It killed me to see him so upset like that. "Hey, don't pay attention to her. I guarantee you'll never have to run into her again. Don't let one bad experience ruin your whole day, okay?" I look into his eyes. "Yeah... Okay," he responds, still with that sad look in his eyes.

"Today's going to be a good day, because you're going to make it a good day," I tell him in attempts to raise his confidence, at least just a little bit, and it seems to have worked. Lloyd's face turns from a look of sadness to a look of determination. "Yeah, today's a good day," he smiles. "Good," I reply as we begin to walk toward the exit again.

I wish someone was there to give me that kind of boost in confidence.

When Lloyd and I leave the building, we walk down the sidewalk in the direction of the mall. I've only been to this mall a few times. I never really left the house much.

It takes us little to no time to get to the mall. Ninjago City may have a lot in it, but it wasn't that big, so there wasn't too long of a walk from the school to the mall, especially considering the school was right in the middle of the city, so it's not like we had to walk clear across the entire island of Ninjago. We walk through the main entrance of the mall, and there really weren't that many people. Malls were kind of a dying concept. Everybody either buys things online or finds entertainment elsewhere. It was kind of nice. It was almost like we had the whole place to ourselves... almost. There were a few people here and there, but definitely not enough people to cause us any trouble.

We make our way to the arcade in the back of the mall. There were only a few other people in there. One side of the arcade had all of the games, along with a prize counter, and the other side had a food bar and seating areas.

"You wanna eat first?" Lloyd asked.

"Sounds good to me," I reply.