Chapter 22: Real Date

Heyy!!
Before we start, sorry for the cliff hanger. But this chapter will actually be partially in Lloyd's point of view. Anything in italics is Lloyd's POV.

Alright, enjoy!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I had sat silently doing my work for quite some time. It had been a while since (Y/N) had left to use the bathroom but I figured he probably didn't even go to the bathroom. I know he likes to get hall passes just to go and wander the halls for a bit. He says it's a good way to clear his mind. And I don't blame him. He's probably far too stressed right now since it's his first day back. I'd want a break if I were him too.

But another few minutes passed... and then another... I grew quite concerned. Then I hear the door creak open. I look up expecting it to be (Y/N) but instead it's the exact opposite of who I wanted to see.

"Sorry I was late. I was a bit busy," Chen announces as he walks through the door. The teacher just sighs and tells him to take a seat but I can't help but notice something is wrong. As my eyes follow Chen across the room he looks back to me with a smirk.

Now I absolutely know something is wrong.

I walk up to the front desk and hesitantly wait for her to acknowledge me.

"Do you need something?" The teacher asks.

"Uhm.. could I please use the bathroom?" I ask shyly.

"A student is already out," she says referring to (Y/N).

"Yeah, well it's been like twenty minutes," I mumble.

"Hm..." she looks up at the clock. "I'll let you go. And if (Y/N) isn't in the bathroom you need to tell me. We have too many students use bathroom passes just to leave school," she sighs.

"Yes, ma'am," I nod then turn for the door.

I leave the classroom and make my way to the bathroom. I push the heavy bathroom door open and my heart sinks.

"(Y/N)?!" I call out before running over to him.

He was sitting in the corner of the bathroom with his head up against the wall and blood running down his lip and his forehead right above his brow. His eyes fluttered open and closed over and over as if he were barely conscious.

"Ughh..." he groans as he reaches one hand to the back of his head and rubs his head gently before putting his hand in front of his face to see his own fingers coated in blood.

"(Y/N)? What happened?" I ask as I get down on my knees to be nearly eye level with him.

"Lloyd... why are you here?" He mumbles as his eyes are barely open.

"That doesn't matter right now, what happened? Are you okay? Did Chen do this? I saw him come back to class and I knew something was wrong," I probably talk too quickly for him to comprehend.