Chapter 16: Taken Care Of

Before we start this chapter, here's a quick trigger warning. This chapter deals with alcohol use and a small bit of blood imagery. I know it's not a big deal for most, but I also know that it can be unpleasant for some. And this chapter is just kind of angsty in general. Now we've got that out of the way, enjoy the chapter.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I had texted our friends and everyone was up for going to the mall. Even Zane, surprisingly. He said he'd go as long as Jay did. So the seven of us met up in the food court. We decided to grab something to eat first. We were all getting different food from different places from around the food court, but I decided to not leave Lloyd's side. I followed him and decided to get whatever he did.

Lloyd stopped infront of a little burger place and got a cheese burger with fries. And I got a burger, too. But we also decided to share a drink and fries and just split the cost. We got our tray and sat down next to our friends at a big table in the middle of the court. The mall was actually really empty. People rarely came here anymore. So we were probably the only group of people in the food court other than a few people here and there, but the place was so big that there was tons of space between each group of people. I don't even think they could recognize who we were. Which is probably good. Lloyd has told me about harassment from random people that he gets in public. So it's good to be in an empty place.

When Lloyd and I sat down next to our friends in a large booth seat, we all began to eat. We would make small chat because not much has happened since we all last met. Occasionally, Lloyd and I would reach for the same thing at the same time. We'd both go for a fry or try to take a drink. And then we would both just sit there and wait for the other to go ahead.

"You two are so awkward. It's kind of adorable," Nya laughs as she takes another bite of her food.

"What? No we're not," Lloyd objects.

"Is this your first time out on a date like this?" Kai asks.

"A date? This isn't a date," I say, a bit flustered.

"It kinda is. You're both sharing a meal together as a couple," Cole adds on.

"What? No, it can't be a date if you guys are here, too," I protest once again.

"There's no rule that says that," Kai jokes.

"Well, then I guess we're on a date," Lloyd smiles as he rests his head on my shoulder, nuzzling his body into mine. "You're cute," I whisper into his ear.

"Okay, you guys are actually the cutest couple," Nya smiles.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After we all finished our food, we went to head off to the arcade. As we were walking, I remembered something.

"Hey, Lloyd."

"Yeah?"

"You know those bracelets we got the last time we were here?" I ask.

"Sure," Lloyd replies.

"Well, I haven't taken mine off," I roll up my sleeve to show him. And it's still there. The same rope bracelet that we got a while back.

"I still have mine on, too," Lloyd smiles as he shows me his.

"Huh," I grin. The both of us blush and just smile at each other.

As we walk into the arcade, Lloyd, Jay, Zane, and I all know where we wanna go. We look at each other and nod. The four of us walk to the shooter game after we get our tokens. Where we first met. Kai, Nya and Cole probably go off to some other games.