Chapter 23: Proud Of You

Hey everyone!
It feels good to be updating this book again! I'd just like to say a few things before we get started. Something I'd like to clarify is that (Y/N) is only an insert character. Not every single part about him is supposed to be like the reader (a.k.a you.) (Y/N) is a character I wrote with his own thoughts and opinions that you, the reader, might not think the same way on. You're supposed to relate to him, not be him. Make sense?

Okay, well this is something I thought I'd clarify because in this chapter (Y/N) brings up his siblings and family. He has his own backstory that is completely made up. And of course his family and backstory is different from yours. I said from the very beginning that (Y/N) wasn't written to be a blank slate. I know a lot of x reader books make the (Y/N) character completely void of personality. And that makes perfect sense. It's just so the reader can better insert themself into the story but that's not what I wanted to do. I tried my best to give (Y/N) his own separate thoughts and feelings. Obviously you're supposed to insert yourself into his shoes and pretend to be him, but I think adding these elements makes for a more interesting story.

I'm so sorry I rambled on for so long. I just thought I should get that out of the way first.

Enjoy the chapter!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After Lloyd and I got home we just went straight to bed. Neither of us were really hungry but walking all that time was really tiring. Especially for me. Of course I was trying my best to stay active in the healing process but even I had my limits. We just climbed in bed and cuddled until we fell asleep. And even though we were tired it still took us a while to finally fall asleep. I just held Lloyd close and occasionally whispered something dumb into his ear and heard him giggle softly.

I woke up the morning after to Lloyd shifting around in my arms.

"(Y/N)-" Lloyd groans my name as he struggles.

My eyes pop open and I realize I have my entire body wrapped around him, keeping him from moving. I pull away my arms and legs, allowing him to get up.

"You nearly suffocated me last night," he jokes as he stands up. I just sit up and watch him gather his things for school that were placed randomly around the room.

I rub my eyes and yawn. Even though I was told it would probably be best if I didn't go to school today because of my new injuries inflicted by Chen, I still decided I wanted to go anyway. I don't like not being with Lloyd. I stand up and stretch, trying not to hurt myself. I take off my shorts that I had put on before bed last night and replace them with a clean pair of jeans, then I just put on a fresh T-shirt and decide that's all the effort I feel like putting in today. I decided against my typical hoodie. It feels a little restricting on the wounds.

I look over to see Lloyd take his pajamas off to get dressed. I find it cute how Lloyd had himself a little night time routine that he stuck to every night. He also had a different set of pajamas for each day of the week. It was dorky but it was also cute. I was always too lazy to follow any kind of routine. Before I go to bed I just use the bathroom and take my shirt off. Why wear pajamas?

After Lloyd gets dressed in his typical black pants and green jacket, we both brush our teeth and grab a snack and head for the door. Right after Koko wished as a good day.

We went to the bus stop as usual and the ride to school was just about like any other day. We both went to class without any problem. Today felt like it was going faster than it should be.

After our first few classes were over, all of our group met up in the halls and made our way to lunch. On the walk to the cafeteria, I remembered those posters in the halls promoting the upcoming dance that was less than a week away.