Chapter 8: Chatting

As soon as I got home from school, I went to my room and plopped down my tired body onto my bed. I really wanted to text Lloyd and see how the rest of his school day was going, but I'd have to wait until he got out of school, so that's what I did. I waited a little while, in fact, I waited a few hours until it was about three o' clock. I knew he would probably be home by then.

Lloyd and I have actually exchanged numbers a couple days ago, but haven't messaged each other yet, so I figured I'll be the first to initiate the conversation through text. I pull out my phone and send him the first message.

"Hey Lloyd" was all my first message said. It took him a while, but he finally responded.

"Hi, (Y/N)."

"Was the rest of school okay?"

"It was fine. It sucks that you had to go home early, though."

"Sorry about that. I put u in an uncomfortable situation."

"It's okay. I'm not the type to fight unless the city is under attack, but I'm glad you stood up for me. It really shows that someone cares other than my mom."

"No I really am sorry. Ur going to be at school by yourself until I come back."

"No big deal. I've been alone for a long time until we became friends, so I think I can handle just three more days of it."

"Ok. How is the eye btw?"

"It hurts, but not as bad as I expected it to. My mom kind of freaked out when I texted her about it."

"What did she say?"

"She was mainly just asking who did it and if they got in trouble or not."

"What did u tell her?"

"I told her everything that happened."

"U told her about the fight?"

"Yeah."

"Ur mom probably hates me now."

"She doesn't hate you. In fact, she says I should bring you over for dinner again sometime. She really likes you."

"I don't think she likes me as much as she likes the idea of u having a friend."

"You're probably right."

"Sorry that probably came out a little more mean sounding than I wanted it to."

"No, you're right. That's one of the things I like about you. You're straight to the point about everything. You don't lie straight to my face and that's how I know you're a real friend. :)"

":)"

"So, are you in trouble with your mom?"

"No she actually took it pretty well. She said she was proud that I stood up for someone and that she would have done the same."