Chapter 7: School Fight

It was the next day at school. I gathered all of my books and headed to my first class. Lloyd was there before me, as usual. I'm still debating whether or not I should tell him that I was given the offer to become The Wind Ninja. I feel like if I do tell him, he'll try to tell me that I should take up the offer, and I don't want anyone to cloud my judgement. I don't want anyone to have an impact on my decision but me.

But that doesn't matter right now. I set my books down on my desk, then come and sit by Lloyd before the bell rings.

"Hey Lloyd," I greet, rather unenthusiastically. I really didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm pretty low on energy.

"Hey... are you okay? You seem tired," he asks with concern.

I yawn, "yeah, I didn't get a very good night's rest. My mom was on my ass as soon as I got home, so I took a nap, but when I woke up, it was like, eleven o' clock, so I couldn't sleep during the night," I explain.

"Really? What was your mom mad about?" He asks.

"Ehh... she didn't like that I was out with you and I didn't tell her where I was and we got into a bit of an argument," I tell him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine. You didn't do anything wrong. It's my fault for not telling her," I cut him off.

"But I-"

"Shut up, you didn't do anything wrong," I cut him off again.

"Okay... I just don't want you to get in trouble because of me..." he sighs.

"You're fine. I'm really okay. I'm not in trouble or anything," I try to lessen his worry.

"Alright then. Did you want to come up to my house today? I was thinking we could watch another movie or play video games or something... after you ask your mom if it's okay, of course," he smiles.

"Sure. Sounds fun. But I still want to head home after school just to tell my mom where I am. Then I'll head to your house," I say.

Lloyd nods his head in agreement.

We try to continue our convorsation, but then Chen enters the classroom. It seems like everytime we try to just talk and have fun, he has to ruin it.

Chen and I have a locked gaze. Just staring at each other with the same menacing glare. I haven't spoken to Chen since our last encounter in the hallway, so the tension is high. Chen stands still at the door way as we silently judge each other. Lloyd just watches. Chen then begins to walk toward his desk, which is a desk away from Lloyd's. My eyes follow him as to make sure he doesn't pull anything stupid. Chen takes a seat at his desk and pretends to ignore us.

"So... a-anyway... I was thinking we could watch Starfarer later. It's my favorite-" Lloyd tried to start the conversation back up until he was hit in the back of the head with a paper ball. I pick it up and unfold it.

It was a note. The note had a bunch of different writings on it. All different hand writing, different colors of pen, and in different sizes. It looks to have been written by at least 20 people. The whole note was littered with mean words and comments.

"Go away, Garmadon."

"Kill yourself."

"Nobody wants you here."

"Fuck off, f*ggot."

These were just a few. At the bottom it read "-The Whole Class."

I didn't let Lloyd see the paper. I just stood up and went to stand infront of Chen's desk. I slam the paper down infront of him.