Chapter 29: Word Of Advice

Hello everyone. I bring you a short chapter but there's a reason why I cut it off the way I do.

Also Jay in the cover photo hhmmmm I wonder why.

Anyway, enjoy.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After a long night's rest the morning finally arrived. Lloyd and I had to go back to school. I don't know why we were so nervous. It's not like our plan could have done anymore damage, right? The Green Ninja and The Wind Ninja coming out may cause discourse but our ninja selves are nothing but personas. I'd rather someone think negatively of the me that I hardly present as rather than the me that I truly am. Worst comes to worst, people get mad at the ninja and keep the same opinions of us... Right?

Lloyd and I held hands as we walked to school. We didn't ride the bus. We wanted to avoid contact with other students for as long as possible. And it did work until we approached the school building.

We enter...

I've never seen this many people arguing all at once. Students wearing shirts and holding signs to support their cause. Many students wearing shirts with The Green Ninja on them as they preach about accepting LGBT people the way they are. And people yelling back, saying heroes aren't meant to be queer. Heroes are meant to be role models to our youth and people like us set a bad example.

We stand in silence, watching over the chaos.

"Well... at least they're not paying attention to us, right?" I nervously chuckle with a crack in my voice.

"What have we done?" Lloyd bluntly asks.

"Listen! This is good! They're more concerned about whatever it is The Green Ninja is up to. They couldn't give any more of a shit about us! Right? Isn't this what we wanted?" I try to point out some positives.

"We wanted support! Not- not this!" Lloyd exclaims with worry. His hands shaking as he points to the crowd of students yelling at each other.

"I doubt this will last forever. They'll argue for a little bit, forget all about it, and then it'll all go back to the way it was. People ignoring us like we never existed," I state. I mean, this isn't guaranteed. More just positive thinking.

"You were invisible at some point, but I never was. No matter what I do, people will always know my name," Lloyd states with a broken tone in his voice.

"I- I-"

"Hey guys! This is crazy, can you believe it?!" I hear a voice from behind. We turn around and we're met with the faces our closest friends. The whole group together.

"What were you two thinking?" Nya huffs as she crosses her arms.

"Yeah! We all tried to get ahold of you last night but neither of you were checking your phones. People are going crazy over this," Kai adds in as he shows us the trending tabs online. Every single local topic having to do with us.

"Well, we thought maybe if you know... Thr Green Ninja, one of the most influential people in the city, were gay, then maybe people wouldn't have as big of a problem with us... hehe..." I let out another nervous laugh.

"You know... I think it's pretty admirable, actually. Risking the only positive reputation you have just to live a happy life together as a couple. It's cute," Jay says as he fidgets with his hands. "Actually, (Y/N), I need to talk with you. I kept trying to get ahold of you last night but, ya know, you two went inactive..."

"Yeah, of course, Jay, I'm sorry. We were just trying to have some peace after that post- I can talk to you whenever you need," I smile at him.

"Um... now would be a good time?" Jay looks at me with big eyes.