Just Tired - 12

-TOM'S POV-

Why is he trying so hard to get me out of this place? I'm not even that hungry, just so tired and I don't even know why. I got my pants on and held my stuffed bear, hesitantly contemplating whether or not I'd bring it with me. The shirt was too small for me, I'm pretty sure it was made for a build-a-bear or something.  Tord exited his changing room and smiled handsomely. 

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, flaunting his dark red casual suit and black jeans. I stared at him, not used to the way he looked outside of his uniform still. "I-I don't have a shirt that fits me." I stammered and gave the tiny shirt back. "Hm, you can have one of mine." He suggested and threw one to me from his own closet. "Wait- th-this..." I stammered, blushing ridiculously. I figured It'd be equally embarrassing to say it or show it, so I just put it on and waited for his remark.

"Aw it's so big on you!" He chuckled and gave me a protective hug, which surprised me but I hugged back anyway. I feel a bit better now... but being out here I'm starting to miss my friends. It's only been a week, but I hope they're doing well in college and everything. "Alright kattunge, let's go to the city and find somewhere to eat!" Tord offered his hand which I took contently. "That word means... cat!" I remembered proudly.

"More specifically, kitten." Tord corrected me and walked me out of the room and down the hallways to the garage. "Can you teach me Norwegian? So I can talk to everyone around here." I questioned as we got into his car, or van to be more accurate. It honestly did look really suspicious. "You won't need to know it, plus I like the oblivious flustered face you give when you can't understand what we're saying."

I blushed a bit and got my seat-belt on, what a strange leader. Out to the city we drove, it was strange honestly. In one way I have a massive crush on this leader, on the other hand he treats me like the dad I never had. He cares for me... or is that was love is? I didn't know someone caring for you like this could feel so great, so safe and calm. But what am I saying?! I don't even know this Norsk all that well!

I stared blankly out the window as I started yelling at myself in my head. "So what kind of food do you like?" Tord snapped me out of it knowingly. "Oh uh, I really like Mexican... and whatever. I don't know though because my dad never took me out for food." I stammered while trying to physically remove the blush from my face, I probably looked insane or like an animal in heat. Not that there's a difference between the two.

"What about your mom?" He asked in a more serious manner, but why would he care? Maybe I'm just still confused about why this big leader is caring so much for me out of everybody else I suppose. "It's fine if you wouldn't like to answer." Tord repeated himself politely while I got lost in thought again. "No no! I just zoned out, my mom broke up with my dad but lost the rights to see me because my father tricked her into doing something stupid... she moved to California in America ever since." I elucidated while waiting for a reaction from the strong leader.

"Must've been horrendous living with such an awful man and having no control over it." He concluded solemnly as he pulled the car up into a parking-lot. "This is a food-court, you can get anything here. But it's not exactly common to find Mexican here in Norway." Tord snickered a bit and got out of the car, so I followed. "We have a lot of fish, and I think one of these places serves steak." Tord scanned the area and we went inside.

"Steak sounds fancy, maybe too fancy!" I took a look around aswell. "Not here, no, steak meat comes in large amounts so it's inexpensive." He found his way to the proper restaurant and took a look at the menu above the front counter. "You guys have lots of cows?" Tord bit his lip, holding in a grin. "What?!" Tom whined. "Not as many as Amerca."