Chapter 19

Gage drives me back home with no talking just music playing quietly and honestly I'm glad, I needed that time just relaxing in my world. Halfway through he nervously put his hand on my thigh like old times, I didn't realize how much I missed it there. 

"Do you want to come in?" I ask when we pull in. 

He nods and steps out of the car.

Last time he came home with me from the hospital it ended badly, but it'll be different this time. I unlock the door and take my shoes off, watching him do the same. 

"What're we watching this time?" He asks sitting on my couch.

"Hmm...you pick, since you let me watch 'Paper Towns.'"

"How about 'The Hunger Games'?"

"We already watched that." I say confused.

"I know...but we didn't finish it." His eyes drop to the floor.

"Oh." For a moment I almost forgot about that night, "Why don't we make up for that?"

Gage looks back up at me with a smile, "Perfect."

Once I find it I push play, then leave to the kitchen.

"Do you want anything?" I yell.

"Popcorn maybe?"

"Got it!"

I patiently wait for it to finish popping, then put it in a bowl and grab two drinks from the fridge. When I come back In the room Gage has a blanket waiting in my spot for me which causes me to smile.

"Here you are." I say handing him a Dr. Pepper.

"Why thank you." He says dramatically.

Rolling my eyes I pick up the blanket and sit next him, covering us both. The movie is just starting and I find my favorite spot on chest. My soul is filled with joy as he laughs and smiles along with me. Halfway into the movie I look up and see he has drifted off. I slowly lift myself off of him and fix the blanket so it's covering him. I push the hair out of his eyes before going upstairs. 

I start the shower and wait for it to warm up as I brush my teeth. Once it's hot I step inside and let the warm water soothe the tension in my back. I can't remember the last time I was this relaxed and happy. I shampoo my hair and wash out the dried tears. I stay in the shower for almost an hour before the water gets cold. I slip on a pair of black sweatpants and an oversized hoodie, then walk back to my room.

I laugh when I walk through the door, "What're you doing?" I ask Gage who is sprawled across my bed.

"You left me." I smile as he does that adorable thing with his lower lip.

"I'm sooo sorry." I answer sarcastically.

He stretches his arms out to gesture me over. I walk over to the bed then let his arms wrap around my body and pull me onto the bed. A scream escapes my lips as he tickles my sides and makes my stomach ache with laughter. 

"Stop!" I yells between laughs.

He laughs loud before pulling me to lay on his stomach, "You're so pretty like this."

"Like what?"

"Simple. Wet hair, no makeup, and smiling."

I crinkle my nose, "You weren't supposed to see me. You were sleeping."

"I'm glad I woke up."

I lean forward and kiss his nose, "Me too."

Gage puts his hand on my cheek then leans up and plants a soft kiss on my lips. I stand up off the bed and leave him pouting on the bed. I turn the light off then make my way back to the bed, Gage grabs my fingers and pulls me down next to him. I kiss him one last time before turning over and closing my eyes. My heart jumps of surprise as his arm wraps around my waist and pulls me close to him so his body wraps around me. I drift off feeling nothing, but happiness.