Chapter 9

After about twenty minutes Gage pulls into a parking lot and parks the car. I look out the window, but see nothing except frosted ground and tall buildings. 

"Follow me." Gage says before squeezing my hand and getting out of the car. 

Still confused, I grab the clothing he gave me and follow him to the rear of the Jeep. He pops the trunk and sitting in it is two cardboard boxes folded shut. My head starts to fill with curiosity about what's in the boxes, but my thoughts are halted by him reaching forward and sticking his hand in one of the boxes. I watch his hand fiddle around like it's searching for something, then he pulls out a light gray hat similar to the one he gave me. Gage pulls the beanie over his curls and shuts the trunk. When he turns around my mouth gapes open at his beauty. 

"Come here," He commands with an outstretched hand.

I put my hand in his and he pulls me close to him, his face inches from mine. Without breaking eye contact, he glides his other hand down my arm to my wrist and takes my hat from me. I continue staring into his ocean eyes as he pulls the hat down over my hair, then takes the gloves from me too. Once the gloves are on, he laces his gloved hand with mine and kisses my lips. 

"Any guesses of what we're doing?" He asks me as we start walking.

"Hmm," I look around, but see nothing significant. "Not a clue."

He gives me a mischievous smile and pulls me to run with him. I hold the back of my skirt from flying up as we sprint across the parking in uncontrollable laughter. In this moment, here right now, I know that I am truly happy. Pure joy is flowing through me body as I run through snow with Gage, my cheeks rosy and heart full. A small part of me wonders how long it will last before life rips it away. 

We turn a corner and I see a beautiful, sparkling skating rink in front of me.