11.

KEE'S POV.

 " kee kee bearrrrrr ! " kynya yelled jumping in my arms as i came through champ's doors. i wasn't paying her any attention , so she almost knocked my ass on the floor.

 " wassup kynya , " i laughed hugging her as she got off of me.

 " guess who's cominggggg ? " she asked , trying to sing. i rolled my eyes because she was too damn energetic for me today. at least at this moment.

 " coming where ? " i said coughing. i had some mild soreness in my throat , but it was hurting bad as fuck. it came out of nowhere , too.

 " cover yo' mouth , " she said pushing me back playfully. " and just guess ! "

 " just tell me. i'm not in the mood for all that , " i yawned , taking a sip of the gatorade i had. kynya fake pouted and stomped like a baby.

 " you're boring ! just one gue - "

 " no , bruh. just c'mon. i'm deadass finna' go home. my throat hurtin' bad as fuck , " i said with my hand on my neck.

" but - "

" kyn , i'm for real. i'm finna' find darian and tell him i gotta' leave. i can't work like this , " i said drinking more of my gatorade.

" we work in storage , kee. our job don't even require talking , " kyn said laughing. i laughed too , knowing she was right. kyn looked past my shoulder and laughed , but i didn't even feel like turning around to see what was funny.

" welp , today it do , and i'm not finna' stay here. this bull shit hur - "

i felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. i immediately tried to sling my elbow in the person's stomach , but i guess they moved before i could get them.

 " chill , ma. why you ain't been texting me ? " they asked. i raised my eyebrow and turned around , being met by A.C.

 " shit , " i mumbled to myself. AC cleared her throat and looked at me , waiting on an answer.

 " aye , can we talk about this another time ? i'm not feeling too good. " AC looked me in my eyes for a moment before nodding her head and turning around. i watched her walk away then looked at kynya , raising my eyebrow again.

 " that was your surprise guest ? AC ? " i asked bluntly. kynya laughed and nodded her head.

 " seeeeee , it wasn't supposed to go like that. y'all was supposed to be all cute and stuff , but that ain't work. i'll fix that though , " she said tapping my nose. " i'll tell darian you not coming in ; go catch AC. "

i laughed sheepishly. " nah , i don't wanna' talk to her right now , " i say.

 " huh ? " she said pushing me towards the door. 

 " kynya. "

 " what ? " she asked pretending not to hear me. she continued pushing me out the door like i hadn't said a word.

 " kyn. "

 " kee. just go. i got you , " she laughed pushing me in AC's direction. i just sighed and tried catching up to aaliyah.

" AC ? " i called out , grabbing the back of her shirt and pulling her back.

" you ain't have to pull my shirt , " she said , turning around with a grin on her face. i just ignored her and cleared my throat which was actually a bad ass mistake. i aggravated my fucking soreness.

" fuck , but where you going ? " i asked scratching at my neck and drinking some more gatorade.

" home , " she said with a worried and somewhat confused look. " what's wrong with you ? "

" my throat sore as fuck. i thought it was just mild , but this shit burning like hell. "

" just drink hot water, " she said. did i hear right ? 

hot ... water ?

" i thought it was hot tea ? " i asked laughing. AC made a stank face and laughed.

" ion drink tea. that shit's nasty. especially that herbal shit , " she said slinging her arm around my shoulders as we began to walk around the mall.

 " ian even gon' hold you. that herbal shit is ass , but milo's tea snap. that's the only tea i drink. "

milo's tea is the shit and will always be the shit.

" hell nawl. all tea is nasty. that's why i just stick to water , juice , and drank , " she laughed. i returned the laugh , shaking my head.

 " what's been going on with you though ? " she asked pulling me a little closer to her. her embrace was warm as hell , and i was actually enjoying us just chilling like this. 

" nothing , to be honest. you ? " she gave me that 'really nigga?' face and cut her eye at me.

" something's going on , but how you like yo' job ? i know kynya keep you entertained , " she laughed as we came upon the food court. people were looking at us , staring. AC and i both stared back at them until they asses was forced to stop looking. we came here to eat , not be judged ; just like they fat asses.

" she crazy. good crazy , but she still crazy. she the only person that keep me entertained up there. nobody can match her energy , and i like it , " i said as we both grab a seat and a table that seated only two people. AC just sat in her seat staring at me with a small smile on her face.

 " lemme take you out. not today , but whenever you free. i wanna ' take you on a proper date , " she said grabbing my hand and locking our fingers.

in the back of my head was miami. she stresses the shit out of me , but i can't ignore what i feel for her. however , at the same time , i feel like AC is good for me. miami can't make up her mind , so i can give AC a chance.

" whenever you free , i'm free , " i said with a playful smile. AC smiled back at me and brought me into a big , goofy ass hug.

 " bruhhhh , " i laughed out hard as hell considering how tight she was hugging me and how mushed my face was in her chest. she hugged me one last time and let go.

" my fault , but you make me happy as fuck , " she said smiling and throwing her dreads back.

i smiled , but my heart immediately dropped at those words , and i could feel my breathing pattern becoming irregular.

 " kee , what the f - " was all i heard before everything went black.

thoughts ?

this was a lil boring , but i got y'all .