2.

KEE'S POV.

 " ... and in the back is jeremy. i don't really know what the fuck he do , but he can tell you wassup if you ever need help in storage , " the girl who was almost a good foot shorter than me said as she lazily showed me the storage room.

 " aight . what i do now ? " i asked playing with the buttons on the cash register. the redbone laughed and playfully hit my hand.

 " girl - quit touching stuff ! you tryna get me fired ! " she whisper - yelled. we both laughed at my being childish for a nice minute.

 " nah for real though. it's a slow day , so we don't really be doing nothing. i can get somebody to come up here and work a few minutes of your shift if you really wanna just chill , " the girl said pointing to the back.

 " oh nah. you ain't gotta do that. lemme go get some boxes , " i said. she nodded her head , and she showed me where everything was shipped.

 " this where me , you , and a few other people gonna be working everyday. we only work the front if we get bored or we short - handed , so yeah . "

 " aight bet , " i said looking at all the shoe boxes against the wall. i applied to champs sports about a month or two ago , and i didn't hear from them until recently. well , i thought they didn't get back to me. i just so happened to be bored and scrolled through my emails and saw they accepted my application and all that shit.

 " tell me about yourself though , " i said grabbing two boxes . i handed one to the girl and she groaned.

 " aht aht ! we working , babygirl , " i said laughing at her as i put my box down and grabbed two more. i picked up my three and went to the front. i looked at the names of the shoes and put them in the right places and stamped the right prince tag on them. ole girl was looking at me like she was so deadass about not doing any work.

" man , just gimme the box , " i said laughing. she innocently smiled and handed me the box. " you still ain't tell me about yourself , " i said looking for the correct place for the box.

" oh yeah. i'm kynya spelled k-y-n-y-a , and i been working here for about seven months now. i just turned 20 about three weeks ago. "

 " oh for real ? " i asked

 " oh for real ? " i asked. " when's your birthday ? "

 " august 8 , " kynya said with a big goofy smile on her face.

 " girl - " was all i could get out before busting out into laughter. " you a foo , " i said shaking my head and still laughing.

 " that's how we leos do , baby. goofy goobers , " kynya said flipping her hair.

 " girl bye , " i said waving her. she laughed a little before clearing her throat.