But they weren't always innocent. He just didn't act on it. She had been through so much and needed time to recover, to process. He wasn't an asshole that would try to take advantage of her emotional state just because he was horny.

Which he was. Often. And 'shower time' wasn't doing much to curb it anymore. Sometimes he felt like a rutting wolf hybrid, his libido rabidly gnawing at him.

Did that make him a bad person for feeling this way?

He groaned and rolled onto his stomach, the pressure building in his lower body making itself unnecessarily known like an annoying friend. At least then no one walking past his open door would see the growing tent in his sweatpants. He smushed his face into the pillow, which was a mistake because it smelled the strongest of her.

That beautiful woman who was so close and yet so far, who didn't even need to be near him anymore to awaken something carnal within him. Just her scent was enough.

Was it a perfume? A lotion? Maybe it was some kind of pheromone she was giving off because she was pregnant. Whatever it was, it was relentless. And now he couldn't move because he was fully erect and drilling uncomfortably into the bed. He trapped his lower lip between his teeth and tried to think of something, anything else but her.

"Jungkook?" Hyun-Ji stood in the doorway.

So much for thinking of something else.

"Hmm?" His voice cracked.

"I'm making omelettes. Do you want one?"

"Mhm," he nodded.

"You wanna come down and tell me what you want in yours?"

"...I'll be down in a minute."

"Oh... Ok." She turned and went back downstairs, and he thanked the universe that she didn't press any further.

_______

Downstairs he found her moving around the kitchen preparing the food and beginning to look comfortable in her new surroundings. Jungkook took a seat at the island and watched her adding diced peppers to an omelette.

"You look like you know what you're doing," he said.

She looked up at him and smiled. "I know a little bit. It's nothing to brag about, but I think I do ok."

Once the dish was complete she went and called up the stairs to his father, letting him know his breakfast was ready. Jungseok was in his office again. Haneul was out running errands.

Jungkook watched her in peaceful silence before asking her what had been on his mind.

"How are you feeling?"

She shrugged. "I'm good. I could use a nap though."

"No, I mean how are you really feeling? How are you adjusting?"

"Um..." she began, her eyes lowering to the pan in front of her, the contents slowly cooking. "I miss my mom, but at least I can talk to her now. We talk every day, so that helps a lot." She smiled when talking about Areum.

"She's looking forward to being a grandmother," she said, smiling shyly. "I think that's helping her cope, honestly."

She paused, folding the omelette carefully, and the smallest of satisfied smiles appeared. Jungseok then entered the kitchen while still on his phone. He smiled at the pair and gave Hyun-Ji a bow of thanks before retreating back to his office, omelette in hand.

Hyun-Ji plated the completed omelette and set it in front of Jungkook, its delicious fragrance wafting up to his nose.

"This looks amazing. Thank you," he smiled.

She smiled and blushed slightly, the realization that this was her first time cooking for him setting in. She nervously watched him eat a forkful. It only took a couple chews before his face lit up and he let out a grunt of approval. Hyun-Ji let out a little sigh and began making the last omelette, this one being for herself.

"What were you saying?" He said, interested to know how she was faring.

"Um... I have trouble sleeping sometimes. I think it's just because I'm in a new place. But I'm doing ok now. It's not like I'm not used to my dad... being like that towards me."

"He won't ever treat you like that again. I won't give him the chance."

Hyun-Ji looked up at him. His normally gentle eyes had hardened, his mouth set in a straight line. He was serious. The intensity on his face made her cheeks burn and an unfamiliar feeling come over her.

She pushed the feeling away and returned to her cooking.

"It helps that your family is so nice. Everything is so calm here. I like it here," she said.

"I like having you here," he admitted. Even though it was torture sometimes, he meant what he said.

Hyun-Ji cheeks burned again. She finished up her omelette and slid it onto a waiting plate.

"Where is the maple syrup?" She asked.

"In the cabinet behind you."

Turning around, Hyun-Ji found what she wanted on the top shelf and stood on her tip toes to reach it, but was a couple of centimeters short. She felt the heat from his body and his hand graze her back as he stood behind her and reached over, grabbing the elusive syrup.

It was an innocent touch, one made simply to alert her of his presence and nothing more. But sometimes a touch was like striking a match, the harmless friction igniting the nerve endings of the skin, the resulting embers smoldering long after the contact was gone.

His hand lingered on her back, right above her bra line, the caress catching her attention. Their eyes locked and his breathing became shallow.

"Thank you," she said, her voice breathy.

He watched her lips as they moved, their softness beckoning him to come closer, her Cupid's bow tempting him with promises of intoxication. He longed to taste her in all senses of the word, starting with pouty pink rose petals that were slightly parted.

"Hyun-Ji, that was delicious. Thank you!"

Neither had heard Jungseok walk down the stairs, and the trance was abruptly broken.

"O-oh," she stammered, quickly putting distance between them. "You're welcome!"

Jungkook bit his lip and returned to his seat, trying and failing to smother his smile at her getting flustered. She sat on the seat next to him, poured the almost forgotten maple syrup onto her food, then ate a forkful. He watched her the entire time, his eyes focusing on her mouth as it closed around the prongs of her fork, and he made a mental note to be born as an omelette in his next lifetime.

_______

A/n:

Hmm... do I feel like torturing poor Kookie some more before getting back to the plot?

Probably