"I'm sorry," she asked, confused.

"The candy," Oscar nodded at the candy. "You've been staring at it for five minutes."

"I have not," Sofia mumbled side-eyeing him. "What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like," Oscar raised his arm showing his own basket that was full of beef jerky, sun chips, and beer. "Are you having a party or something?"

"No," she mumbled under her breath. "I'm just helping Ruby out, but I think I should be asking you that question."

Oscar smiled, "not a party, just some essentials for the Santos."

"Got it," Sofia nodded her head, turning back to the candy. She leaned over and grabbed the small bag of mixed chocolates. "I feel like we keep running into each other. If I didn't know better, I would say you were stalking me."

"It's a small town," Oscar brushed off her statement. "We are bound to run into one another."

"Well, we have run into each other a lot," Sofia strolled down the aisle towards the refreshments. She pulled opened the door and grabbed a large container of soda. "Or at least the last couple of days."

"You say that as if it's a bad thing," Oscar chuckled. Sofia rolled her lip between her teeth, knowing it was better not to push the subject. She hadn't seen Oscar in years, and if she wanted to at least be friends with him, she couldn't continue to bring up the past. Sofia knew Oscar was over everything that happened between them.

"It's not a bad thing," Sofia found herself saying. "It's just something I have to get used to all over again."

She looked over her shoulder at the taller man and could see he wanted to say something but stopped himself from doing so. "So, what does Ruby need all this stuff for anyway?"

"Halloween, he's having a shut-in," Sofia began but realized Oscar didn't understand what she was saying. "Rather than going out, he has everyone stay inside in their costumes and watch movies. It's safer."

"Sounds like fun," Oscar made his way to the cashier. "And you're a part of this?"

"No," Sofia trailed behind him. "Normally, I go out with Mario, but he's not here, and Ruby asked for my help this morning."

"What's your costume," Oscar put his basket on the counter. Sofia remained quiet knowing that Ruby said she had to buy a new one. At her silence, Oscar looked back at her. "Do you not have one?"

Sofia rubbed her arm, "I'm working on it."

"Wow, chica, you're all over the place." Sofia huffed at the name.

"I said I was working on it." At that, the man came over and began ringing out Oscar's items. "What are you doing tonight?"

Oscar glanced at her, "just some Santos business." He handed the man money for his items. Sofia squinted at him, not understanding what he meant.

"Sounds like you'll be having a fun night," she hummed as the man began ringing out her items. She pulled money out of her wallet. Once the man was done, she handed him the money and took her things. She turned and followed Oscar out of the small store. "I guess I'll see you around." Sofia didn't want to be rude, but she didn't have much time before Ruby and the others would be home.

Her eyes found his red Impala before meeting his gaze, "yes, you will."

~~~~~~~

Sofia stood in the middle of the living room with a bowl of candy as she waited for her brother to enter the house. She had done everything he had asked for and more. It was only a second later when the door opened, and the group walked in, minus Cesar. "Happy Halloween," Sofia smiled holding up the bowl of candy.