HMFF4-Goodbye Boys' Night

Chapter4...Goodbye Boys' Night

Dinner with my sister the previous night was just what I needed. All of my shot nerves were relaxed. I'm sure the wine also played a part in my relaxation. There was nothing that was going to ruin my peaceful Saturday. It was the one day of the week I could sleep in without any interruptions from Dawson. His hospital shifts were always crazy hours, so Saturdays were free game to pretty much whatever I wanted to do.

I guess today Dawson had other plans.

"Get your lazy butt out of bed. It's almost 11 a.m." Dawson shouted, throwing a pillow in my direction. I tried to avoid it by covering my head with the duvet. That was a mistake. Dawson pulled all the covers off the bed.

"Why do you have to be like that?" I barked at him, throwing my pillow over my head.

"Because it's time for you to get up," he laughed. "It's my first Saturday off since you moved in. I thought we could spend the day together." I shot up to look him over. He seemed suspiciously sweet. What was he up to?

"What are you up to?" I questioned. "Why are you being so, thoughtful?"

"Oh, no reason. I just want to get to know my fiance better," he smirked.

"This was a fake engagement last time I checked, so I'm good. Why don't you meet up with some of your friends? What do you not have any?" I teased, poking him in the chest.

"Well, that's the thing. I'm hosting a poker game tonight, and they will all be here to meet you later," Dawson stated. He had this look on his face that pleaded for me to not kill him. Why did he have to be so cute?

"I see, so I need to prepare to play the loving fiance for all of your bros," I replied.

"Now you're catching on," he stated. "So, how long will it take you to get ready? Cause we need to go get party stuff." I just gawked at him. 

What did I look like his mother? Why can't he go get those things by himself? He's a big boy.

"You've got to be kidding me. Have you never gone shopping for groceries before?" I questioned.

"Not by myself. All of my previous girlfriends loved planning this stuff for me," Dawson replied as if what he was asking me to do was completely normal.

"Give me 20 minutes to shower and get changed. If anything I'm going to teach you how to live like a big boy," I laughed running off to the bathroom before he could retaliate.

Once we reached the store, watching Dawson walk around was like watching a tourist. I wasn't that far off base. He paid people to do this when he was single. To Dawson, paying someone was more time efficient, considering his crazy hours at work.

"Okay, what type of foods were you hoping to prepare. What type of vibe are we going for?" I asked as I pushed the cart around the store.

"Vibe?" Dawson laughed looking at me with a quizzical expression on his face.

"You know, are you going for comfort food like cheese dip? Or are you talking food that will really fill you up?" I questioned, looking at the different chips they had in stock.

"Um, I'm not really sure. Is there any middle group?" Dawson asked. It was pretty amusing seeing someone so professional, so lost.

"Well, I think I can accomplish that, but only on one condition," I paused waiting for him to look me in the eyes.

"What is your proposition?" Dawson asked cheekily.

"You must help me cook and prepare everything," I smirked. During my time with Dawson, I would make it my mission to make him the complete package. He already had the looks, but it was time for him to be an actual adult, not a man-child. I knew I had my work cut out for me.