HMFF17-Meeting Her Father

Chapter 17...Meeting Her Father

Dawson

I woke up in the middle of the night, rolled over on my side and Danielle wasn't in the bed. I shot up from the bed, and headed toward Hudson's room. She wasn't there. As i I continued to walk into the living room, I heard a huge crash. I quietly grabbed the closest thing in my grasp, sadly it was an umbrella. I walked into the kitchen ready for battle, what I saw I could never un-see. There was Danielle with a table full of food.  She had strawberries, cool whip, dill pickles, canned cheese, brownies, Oreos, peanut butter, and nachos. You name it, it was on our kitchen table. 

"Ah ha! I finally caught you in the act!" I shouted pointing the umbrella at everything on the table.

"I have no clue what you're talking about," she lied taking her spoon and shoving a huge blob of cool whip in her mouth.

"I knew you had to be having cravings," I teased. "Have you been hiding them all this time?"

"No," Danielle whispered lied biting her lip. She looked down at the bowl of cool whip. She stared to sniffle. I felt like an asshole immediately. "You must think you married a fat pig."

"Sweetie, you are not a fat pig. Goodness sake you're eating for three, I bet you're always hungry," I replied concerned. "I just feel awful that you felt like you had to hide this from me."

"You don't think I'm fat?" She asked with tears falling down her face.

"Darling hell no!" I laughed. "You're the sexiest thing I've ever laid eyes on."

"You're just saying that," She cried, taking another scoop of cool whip in her mouth.

"Fine, I don't mean it," I stated.

"See! I knew you were lying," Danielle cried. "Look at me I'm huge, and I'm just going to keep getting bigger!" She pulled up her shirt to look at her baby bump. It had grown, she was 18 weeks now. 

"No, I wasn't, I finally only agreed with you because you're so stubborn and wouldn't believe me anyway," I argued. "And as far as your baby bump is concerned the bigger the better. That means the twins are growing and they are healthy. I still think your too small to be four and a half months pregnant."

Then it hit me. She was four and a half months pregnant. Originally when we agreed to this fake fiancé arrangement, Danielle was only supposed to stay with me for four months. Well that changed.

"What's so funny?" Danielle asked.

"I was just thinking how, you've stayed passed your welcome," I teased. "Originally you were only suppose to be my 'fake fiancé' for four months."

"That's right, but I'm not your fake fiancé anymore. I'm your wife," She laughed. 

"That's right you are my beautiful wife," I replied. I kissed her belly. I have no clue how I ended up with such a wonderful woman. "Have you thought of any names for the twins?"

"I've tossed some names around, just playing with them, have you?" She replied. 

"Yeah, I'm not good at it though," I stated. "What are your ideas?"

"Well I wanted names that went together, but I wanted them to be different. You know not heard together everyday. Anyways I came up with Shane and Sadie," She replied. I didn't know what she thought, but I thought they went well together.

"I love those names," I laughed. 

Danielle's little midnight caper had me laughing so hard. She was so self-conscious that she was trying to hide her pregnancy cravings.

Silly girl...