HMFF14-Introducing The Conn Family

Chapter 14...Introducing The Conn Family

-Dawson-

Danielle had looked absolutely stunning in her white ball gown. We had decided to go to the courthouse to get married, but she had insisted that if my mother bought her a dress she might as well wear it. I was glad she did. Yes I felt funny and out of place wearing a tux in the courthouse, but Danielle was going to be my wife so I really didn't give a rat's ass if I looked out of place. Abby and  my buddy Gage were our witnesses. And of course Brently was our flower girl. She made sure the small court room was flooded with flower petals.

The next morning I woke up before Danielle. I looked down at the wedding band now resting on my left hand. Never in a million years after Victoria broke my heart did I think I would get married. But Danielle changed that. Boy did she turn my life upside down...but in a good way.

"Good morning," Danielle said looking up at me.

"Good Morning Mrs. Conn," I purred in her ear. She smiled at the mention of her new name.

"We really had a wild night last night didn't we?" She stated sitting up. I looked around our bedroom, and there were clothes everywhere. And a big poofy ball gown in the corner.

"Yeah, but we had fun didn't we?" I questioned.

"Oh, yes we did," she purred. This was a different side of Danielle I'd never seen. She was passionate and commanding. It was a real turn on. "Want to have some fun again?"

"But what about work?" I asked teasingly. It was true we both had work, but I honestly no intentions of showing up today. I was going to call in sick.

"Well we could always call in sick," she smiled mischievously.

"What if I already have?" I asked her.

"Then I say, you deserve a treat," she winked, and then it was pure bliss. Her passionate side had once again taken over, and I let it.

After we took a very long shower together, Danielle and I headed over to my parents house to pick up Hudson. We were going through the whole adoption process today. It was a weird feeling. I was married and becoming a father all within less than 48 hours. Who bet on this being my life was swimming in a ton of money right, now because I never planned on this. 

"You know Hudson does look like you," Danielle stated smiling from ear to ear. 

"And what are you trying to say?" I asked laughing, intrigued by her statement. Where was she going with this? She honestly didn't think that I was lying about Damien being Hudson's biological father, did she?

"That he could pass for your son," she laughed. "He has your black hair, and blue eyes. He doesn't have your skin complexion, but that's good because I'm pale also." Her words made my heart about burst out my chest. She was already trying to find similarities to claim Hudson as hers.

"Well within the next few hours he will be our son," I smiled then kissed Danielle's hand. 

Wait a second, I know what you're thinking. Have we gone mad? Have we hit our heads? How are we supposed to handle a toddler and new born twins?  The answer is I don't know. All I know is I had finally found happiness, and I wasn't going to let anything steal it from me. If that makes me a little bit crazy, then call me crazy. I know I love Danielle. I know I'm thankful for having her to start this journey with. Sure maybe our road to happily ever after was a little unorthodox, but what did it matter?

"Good morning love birds!" my mother stated as we walked through the door. She was always dressed like she was going somewhere. I bet she didn't own a t-shirt or sweatpants. But if she did no one would ever know about it, I promise you that. 

"Good morning Mom," I said hugging her. "Where is Hudson? and does Dad have all the paperwork ready for us to sign?"

"Hudson is in his playpen, and your father's in his office with the papers ready to sign," Mom replied.

"Can I hold Hudson?" Danielle asked meekly.

"Of course you can," Mom smiled and took Danielle to his playpen. He really was a beautiful toddler. Danielle picked him up and put him on her hip. He just smiled at her. He definitely wasn't shy, but I could tell she was really glad he was smiling and not crying. That meant he felt safe with Danielle. 

"Good morning Hudson," Danielle whispered. "You wanna go see Daddy?" Hudson's eyes lit up in a smile that covered his face. 

"Daddy?" Hudson asked.

"Okay, Buddy let's get these papers signed," I stated smiling.

Danielle followed me into the office carrying Hudson on her hip. I skimmed over the adoption papers that my father had prepared. They were standard emergency custody papers that designated Danielle and I as Hudson's legal guardians. Victoria had already terminated her parental rights. After Danielle and I signed the dotted line, we would be Hudson's parents. 

"Daddy," Hudson screamed stealing my attention. 

"Hudson who's holding you?" I asked. "Can you say Mommy?" Hudson looked up at Danielle a little confused. I'm sure he still thought of Victoria as his mother. 

He surprised me when he said,"Mommy!" Hudson hugged Danielle tightly around the neck, and I saw her eyes start to tear up.

"Alright guys if you just sign here, you're free to go home with Hudson," Dad stated smiling. I let Danielle sign and then I signed myself. We were parents. I couldn't believe it.

"So Victoria won't be bothering us anymore right?" Danielle asked a little worried.

"Nope as soon as we paid her the money she gave up all her rights to Hudson. It's sad the money was all she was after in the first place. She was planning to use poor Hudson as blackmail against Dawson," David sighed.

"Well she can't do anymore damage she's out of our lives forever," I smiled. Now it was time to go home and fix up Hudson's room.

Stupid instructions, and stupid baby beds. Why do simple things have to come with some many complicated directions. Danielle was entertaining Hudson while I tried to set up the furniture for the room. It was useless.

"Hun would you like some help?" Danielle said holding Hudson on her hip. She was always holding him. It was like she was afraid someone was going to take him from her, then again it could just be her motherly instincts.

"Sweetie thank you for offering, but if I can't do, there is no way you can put it together," I stated.

"Step aside bucko, and watch and learn," she stated handing Hudson over to me. I was astonished. She looked over the directions one time, and had the bed together within 30 minutes. "The problem was you were trying to put the headboard on the front and the footboard on the back. You had it backwards."

"And how did you know how to work it?" I asked curiously.

"Simple my grandfather was a carpenter," she laughed.

"And you let me suffer in here for three hours?" I questioned her.

"Well I didn't want to hurt your pride," she smiled taking Hudson from my hands.

"Now Daddy if you'll excuse us it bath time," she stated.

"When will it be our bath time?" I teased her.

She just looked at me cunningly. "We had bath time this morning remember?" She smirked.

"Oh I remember," I stated leaning in to kiss her. I didn't get very far because Hudson put his hand over my mouth blocking it. "Little man, your cruisin' for a bruisin'"

"Say silly, daddy," Danielle laughed looking at Hudson. "Looks like you have some competition." She winked and was off. Which left me to struggle with the rest of the baby furniture my mother had ordered.