HMFF22-The Delivery

Chapter 22...The Delivery

Dawson

"Nope my water just broke"

The words kept playing over and over in my head. The twins were on their way.  I repeat the twins were on their way.

"Dawson! Did you hear me?"Danielle shouted snapping me back into reality. I looked at her confused. "I said my water just broke!"

"What do you mean your water broke? You're only 33 weeks," I stated shocked.

"I didn't break it! Trust me this wasn't my choice!" Danielle shouted. "Dawson get me to the hospital now!"

"Okay, okay just relax. Everything will be alright," I replied smiling. "Where's Hudson?"

"At your mother's," she stated cringing and holding her side. I'm guessing her first contraction.

"Okay let's go," I stated.

"No the diaper bags, I packed them this morning. Go get them they're in the nursery," she panted. I ran to nursery and grabbed the bags. They both felt lim they weighed a ton. What did she pack the entire closet? I didn't have time to bicker with myself. As we got in the car I called mother to tell her Danielle's water broke. She was so excited she hung up on me, the way she was talking she would probably beat us to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital, they got Danielle changed and into a room of her own. I knew she had to be in pain, but she was a trooper. She was laying down with eyes closed focused on something.

"Hun, what are you thinking about?" I asked. She looked so cute caught up in her thoughts.

"I'm thinking of ways I can kill you, and get rid of the body," she replied. "because I know by the end of the day I'm gonna want to." I just laughed at her. I hadn't seen her this mad since she first started living with me.

"Are we late did we miss it?" my mother shouted running in the room. My father was soon to follow carrying Hudson.

"No mother, there are no babies yet," I laughed. Heaven forbid she miss anything.

"But they feel like they're trying to break free!" Danielle laughed. She was already sweating. Even as a sweaty mess she looked breathtakingly beautiful. I wished I could make her more comfortable.

"Have they not given her an epidural?" Mother asked.

"My stupid cervix isn't dilated far enough," she groaned.

"Yes, so Little Miss Drama Queen is very upset right now," I replied.

"DRAMA QUEEN!" Danielle yelled. "I don't see you having these twins. You have no room to talk Mr."

"Dani, calm down please, it's not good for the babies," I stated. She just glared at me, and ate ice chips. I knew I was in trouble for calling her a drama queen.

Dr. Stevens walked in the room, somewhat later. Danielle was so happy to see him. It made me kinda jealous.

"How is our little superstar today?" Dr. Stevens asked smiling.

"As good as a woman in labor can be, but I'd be a lot happier if you told me I could have an epidural now," Danielle stated joking, although I knew she wasn't joking.

"Well let's take a look shall we," he stated. "Danielle today's your lucky day because you're 4 centimeters. Still want that epidural?"

"Yes! Doc I love you!" She shouted.

"Ha, it's always nice to see you too," he stated and then left the room.

After Danielle had the epidural she was a whole different mess. She was much more relaxed. It brought back many fond memories.

"Oh Dawson," she stated touching my face.

"Yes Darling?" I asked smirking. Her eyes were a little crossed, but she was looking me straight in the eyes.

"You know what's funny?" She laughed poking me on my chest.

"You?" I teased.

"No, Silly! You!" She giggled. Where is my video camera when I need it? She wouldn't remember any of this later.

"I love you," I remarked kissing her forehead.

"I know," she smirked. She was a hot mess, but she was my mess.

"Danielle are you ready to have your babies?" Dr. Stevens asked. He was robed in his delivery gear.

"Dr. Stevens she's fully dilated," a nurse stated.

"Alright family, next time you'll see Danielle she'll have two babies in her arms," Dr. Stevens stated, and they rolled Danielle's bed out of the room.

Here we go. It was the moment we all had been waiting for.

"Push!" Dr. Stevens shouted. Danielle pushed with so much determination. I felt so weak in comparison to her right now. They kept telling her to push. She was so strong.

"Come on baby, you can do it!" I stated smiling. I was holding on to her hand, and she was squeezing the hell out of mine.

"DAWSON CONN I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" She screamed.

"Danielle I love you too, now push!" I laughed. I loved her so much. I didn't know where I'd be without her.

The next thing I heard was a little cry.

"Ladies and Gentlemen it's a boy!" Dr. Stevens shouted. I couldn't believe it, he was here. My little boy was in the world. They took him off to weigh him. "Okay, Danielle I know you're tired, but we've got one more baby to go."

She could do this! I would help anyway I can!

"Push!" Dr. Stevens shouted. Danielle pushed. She was so tired. You could see it in her eyes.

"Baby come on!" I cheered.

"I see a head," the doctor stated.

"Danielle push!" I shouted. She pushed and the second little cry was heard.

"It's a little girl, everybody!" Dr. Stevens stated. "Okay Danielle you did it!"

"Babe she's beautiful, you did it!" I stated, and then i kissed her.

We were the parents of beautiful baby twins! Wow!

"What are their names?" The nurse asked.

"Sadie, Rose," I stated.

"And Shane, Dawson ," Danielle panted laying on her back.

They placed the babies in our arms, and I cried. They were so precious, and beautiful. They were all ours.

We did it!