Chapter 25. Brother...?

:33 Sup Nerds. I'm back for a while, hopping to get more updates done and out of the way. Sorry this chapter is a tad short, and probably has a few mistakes, so please forgive me! :33 -Mel ☪

My knees go weak. I start to breathe heavier. For a moment everything is silent. All I can hear is screaming in my head, telling me what I should do. And I chose the stupid thing to do. I whipped out my cell and dialed 911. They answered, but before they can ask what the problem was I screamed into the microphone. "MY LITTLE BROTHER IS GONE- A-AND I THINK HE'S HURT PLE-" a hard hand swatted the phone from me, and it hit the wall, shattering it. I looked up and was about ready to punch someone. "WHAT THE F-" a hard hand covered my mouth and I was greeted by black sockets. I gasped beneath his hand and pushed him away. "Jack! It's Danny- I-I can't-"

"I know it's Danny!" Jack yelled back, grabbing my arm and pulling me to the open window where he entered. "Where is he?!" I yelled as we exited through the window and outside, where we raced down the sidewalk.

Then, Jack said the one thing I didn't want to hear. Ever. "Jeff has him."

My world seemed to slow. It felt like I was running in slo-motion. My feet got lighter and my knees grew weaker. I just wanted to collapse. I wanted to snap my fingers and be back to normal. With my mom, Danny, back in Alabama. Where we belonged. As a happy family.

Hot tears glided down my cheeks.

Jack jerked me to the left, and I followed. We entered the woods.

"Where are we going?!" I gasped, out of breath.

Jack didn't answer and ran faster.

I couldn't take it. I dropped his hand and fell to my knees, breathing and gasping like a fish on a hook for air. I soon began to cry with big hiccuping sobs, my body racking with shivers.

Jack turned around and kneeled next to me. He slowly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. I laid my head on his shoulder and cried hard. I haven't cried this hard since the time my father abandoned us. Thinking about him made me cry harder.

Jack ran a hand through my hair and whispered, trying to sound calm, but he sounded just as worried as I was. Almost scared. "I know..it must be really..really hard right now. But we need to save Danny. Before Jeff kills him. And soon, come to kill you."

I looked up, my eyes red and puffy, "Won't he kill you too?"

Jack chuckled quietly and pulled me to my feet with him. "I can't die."

I tilted my head in confusion, and was about to speak.

Suddenly, a loud shriek echoed through the woods. I widened my eyes and gasped. "Danny!"

"Shit." Jack grunted.

I broke out into a sprint, and Jack led the way.

Soon, a small building with black and red bricks appeared around the corner of thick trees. "There!" Jack shouted and we ran for the doors. I tugged them open and ran inside.

Danny was sat in a small wooden chair, gagged and bound. I saw no blood on him. So that was a good sign. He was shaking and squealing, tears and sweat beaded down his face and his eyes seemed to widen upon seeing me. "LIFHTA!" he screamed behind the cloth around his mouth. I ran to him and looked around to untie his binds.

"Where's the man who did this to you?!" I asked, looking around.

Danny began squealing louder and his eyes went wider, he was no longer looking at me, but something behind me. I gasped and turned around.

Jack was out cold on the floor, bleeding from his head. Jeff stood in front of me now, smirking and laughing hysterically. "Tsk..tsk.." I noticed he was brandishing a large crowbar, stained with Jack's blood.

I backed away.

"Why! Why are you doing this?! Why me?!"

"You don't get it do you?" Jeff lowered his head, dropping the crowbar with a loud clank. "You think your dad left because of your mom?! Or you?! Or any other reason?! Your wrong!" Screamed Jeff, as he stepped towards me. "He left because of me! Because-because- I'm your brother, Lila!" He grabbed my shoulders and my eyes went wide. "He left because all I wanted to do- was protect you from him! When I was 5- and you were just born! He beat me! And soon, he started to beat you!"

Jeff looked into my eyes. My heart raced.

"So I killed him." Jeff began to laugh. "And our mom- was so fucking blind- that she didn't even realize I killed him. She thought she just left. And I left too. She thought I went with him. Heh-heh.." Jeff gripped my shoulders and I gasped.

My mind raced. Jeff..my brother? Why didn't my mom ever tell me!?

I found my voice, "then why are you doing this to me?! To Danny?! If you wanted to protect me so bad?!" I screeched.

"I only brought Danny here, so you'd come..but Tate? She has to die. Martha? He has to die..everyone..And Jack. AHAH. He's the first one on the list." Jeff cackled.

Jeff frowned. "You don't look happy with my decision."

I couldn't speak, I was frozen. I opened my mouth but when I did, there was a cracking noise and Jeff fell to his knees, knocked out. Jack wiped his mask and dropped the crowbar. I looked up in shock. I quickly looked back at Danny and turned to Jack. "Give me a knife-" I said sternly. Jack handed me a scalpel. Good enough...

I cut the binds loose and Danny jumped into my arms. I hugged him close and let hot tears pour out of my eyes.

"I'm so glad your okay..." I whispered to him. "So..glad.." I repeated slowly.