Chapter 13. Forget

Chapter 13.

Jack's POV

Entering the woods, Running. Running. Running. Passing tree by tree. I stopped for a moment and punched a tree, my hand made a popping sound. I didn't care and kept punching until my hand was numb. I knew this was going to happen. I knew it all too well.

Lila doesn't deserve what is coming. What is coming...that lingered in my head. Why did I tell her I loved her? Why did I kiss her? What is this feeling? I don't know anymore. Maybe it was just my situation, Being wounded. Remembering this I gripped my hoodie where my wound was. It stung.

That dirty bastard, Jeff. Who do he think he is. Stabbing me, finding Lila at the wrong time. Why doesn't he just mind his own god damn business? Since I couldn't feel my right hand, I began punching at the tree with my left. Now both my hands were completely numb. I'm pretty sure if someone were to stab my hands, I wouldn't feel them. I wish my whole body would fall numb, like my hands.

I wouldn't feel anything. No emotion. No pain. No thoughts. It would be like feeling you never existed. Not being able to do anything.

I sighed heavily and stared at the tree, which now had pieces of wood missing, they lay on the ground. I began to feel more tar run down my face. I don't think anyone remembers that Lila's house, Was once my house too. Watching it burn slowly made me angry. Maybe even upset? I grew up there. All the memory's are gone. At the same time I was upset and relieved.

The reason why I'm relieved is because I murdered everyone in that house. My mom. My brother. I took my eyes in that house. I remember the sharp pain of the knife digging into my eye. The noise. The wetness of the blood. My laughter growing louder. And then, the sirens. Maybe if that house burned down I would forget those memory's.

But I'm upset because, I have to lose what I have grown into. I've been through a lot in that house. To have it thrown so easily away pissed me off.

I fixed my mask and took a deep breath. Touching my mask made me remember how I had kissed Lila. I felt the grayness of my skin heat up. I hate this feeling suddenly. This feeling was scaring me. I shook my head and shoved my still numb hands into my pockets and walked further into the woods toward a small town. I needed a midnight snack. I need to forget these memory's.

Lila's POV

I looked at Tate weirdly. White hoodie? Who could have a white hoodie? Tate cleared his voice, he still held the sniffling Danny in his arms, Trying to keep himself awake as his head bobbed. "You may sleep at my house...my mom won't mind" I nodded and looked at the enormous pile of ash that was once my house. I gripped onto the photo of my broken family and turned to Tate.

He nodded slightly and kept his arms on Danny. He began to walk to his house, which was right across from mine. I followed quickly. I needed to sleep, Sleep all this pain away and deal with it in the morning.

Beyond entering the house, Tate handed Danny back to me and I ran my hand along Danny's hair. Tate unlocked the door and let us in. "Go on upstairs to my room, the first one on the left," Tate said quietly. "There is two beds, you can take the queen size one for both you and Danny to share. I'll go talk to my mom." I nodded and stepped inside. "Thank you." I whispered past him, walking up the steps.

The house was very nice. It was huge on the inside. I found Tate's room and entered cautiously. It was warm and it looked so comfortable. I took Danny to the bed and layed him down. He quickly curled into a ball and fell asleep. I smiled slightly.

I layed down too, although I knew I wouldn't be getting much sleep, and set the photo aside. Danny cuddled into my chest and snored quietly. I held him close and felt a tear slide down my cheek. Slowly, I felt myself slip under sleeps power.