Chapter 29. Never Ending.

"Ugh...she's all cold and pale..."

"Now, now, she'll be fine."

"Do you think she'll still play with me?"

"Of course Sally, don't you worry."

"I think she's waking up."

"Is she?"

"Don't touch her stupid!"

I groaned slightly, eyes fluttering. I heard about 4 voices, all sounded like Male, and a little girl.

My eyes fully opened and I was greeted to a long, warm lick to the face. It was the same creepy dog from earlier. I sprang up but someone grabbed my shoulder. I could tell by the black gloves that it was Jack.

"I-it's okay."

I looked back to the other people. A strange boy in a mask, the tall man, and a little girl with a torn pink dress, blood dripping down her face. I was confused.

"Where...am I?"

"In my house." Said the faceless man, "I'm sorry I gave you such a fright, Jack's told us a lot about you, Dear."

I tilted my head. Trying to relax, but was still pretty stiff, and I think it was very easy to tell.

"Ah..that so..."

"Yes!" The little girl chimed, her brown curly hair bouncing slightly, as she climbed up onto the couch with me that I was sitting on. "Jack talks a lot about you. And how he just loooovvessss youuuuuuu!"

"Ah! Sally." Jack snapped, before quieting his voice into a whisper, "that was between us, and only us remember?"

She giggled, covering her mouth.

I found myself wiping the blood away from the little girls face and she smiled.

"Sally? I like that name." I said quietly, and she grinned wider and blushed, surprisingly throwing her arms around my neck and hugging me.

"Finally, we have another girl here." She muttered.

"O-oh..but I'm not stay-" I was cut off.

"we were thinking we could...invite you in? And live...with us. And there is a few more people...that you'll meet soon. Uhm..they're nice. I mean, you don't have to..just wondering. It was Jack's idea after all. To hide you from Jeff- Er- your brother." Sputtered the masked boy, who's stammers were a bit annoying.

"Live...here? But what about Danny- and Tate- and-and Martha?"

"They still think you're hospitalized now, Lila. Danny can come of course, because he's your blood. But Tate and Martha are not aloud. I'm sorry. But mortals cannot know." The faceless man said.

"B-But Tate knows about-"

Jack gripped my shoulder slightly, and I knew I should have shut up.

"Knew what?" The faceless man said, leaning in.

"He knows about...about Jack." I said quietly.

"Then...There's only one choice. If a mortal has encountered one of our kinds, and survived, then that mortal has no choice but to suffer an unpleasant death. By me. I'm sorry Lila."

I bit my lip. My lips are freezing.

"While we're still telling things..." Jack continued, clutching my shoulder.

"When you took those pills..." He ran his gloves against my now very unnaturally pale skin. "Lila...you died. You died in that bathroom, that night. Slendy helped me...revive you...and I-I-I know I should've said something sooner but-"

My eyes widened and I stopped him there. "I...Died?"

There was a silent nod from the group, and Sally, was clenching my arm.

That explains it. That explains for my pale skin, being cold, almost never being hungry anymore, almost never to tired, and my odd surges of strength. I dug my nails into the couch.

I didn't know wether to be sad, or mad. I didn't know what to feel, really. I was just plain confused. My hands were shaking slightly and I shut my eyes.

It never ends with the surprises. It never ends.

"I wish you would've let me die..." I muttered silently, my voice quivering.